The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:11 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Post Feature Request GeekMart v1.1

I wish to ask that any features you may have for the future of GeekMart be posted in this thread. Upon the closing of this thread I will take all feature requests to the development area for review and decision.

NOTE: There is no guarantee that the version after gold will be 1.1, I am just titling this thread v1.1 in regards to the feature request.

Cheers
Steve

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 05-23-2007, 02:22 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Reposted from another thread

Solution to GM UI issues, at least partially and for the short term...

Here's our Idea:

Allow us to call geekmart .php with additional parameters to include not just product id but item id as well? Then admins could build their own front end for item selection and just bring up the specific item that the user is interested in buying.

More importantly we'd really love to be able to just pass an amount to GM to process with maybe a text string to specify what is being purchased. We have a number of things in mind where the value may be variable and not easily nailed down to discrete items with specific prices.

Example: User Donations. This is a big one actually, MANY sites subsist largely on donations and allowing the members to specify their own value for a pure donation (not a subscription or promotional item etc) is quite useful. IT would be useful to be able to promote an account to different usergroup levels depending meeting certain thresholds, but that would probably require a separate module? A donations module would be a total godsend for many sites

Example: We have a system we are building where the member will be selecting *many* different options. The potential number of combinations are astronomical, but the system would be able to add up the costs fairly simply. We'd love to be able to just send a processing request to GM with something like:
http://www.ikeafans.com/forums/marke...50&descrip=LBG Customization

where:
process is just specifying a simple transaction process request
cost is the value of the transation in the current no seperator format
descrip is the text description of what the payment is for

The ability to submit simple payment requests for processing would be invaluable, and would allow site developers to extend the usefulness of GM without having to be able to code their own modules etc.

Well, I think that about covers it... Hope it's something that others would find useful and that it's easy to implement

James and Susan
Old 05-23-2007, 02:29 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Another big one

Other payment processors!

I can't stress that enough... We've had several people contact us directly because they WANT to donate, but flat out refuse to use paypal. Many folks that have had a bad experience with paypal have had a *really* bad experience with paypal and want absolutely nothing to do with them.

We would really *really* like to have a processor option for google checkout (if that's possible) or some other 3rd party processor?

Given the handful of folks that have contacted us about another option, I have to wonder how many have simply shrugged and not donated/bought promotional items at all...

James and Susan
Old 05-23-2007, 03:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Tigratrus, thanks for your suggestions. Great ideas tho.

List any payment processors you would like to be included, I will attempt to get as many included as I can. 1 inparticular I have been investigating is e-gold which isn't easy to mess with, the others you list should be easier to understand.

Cheers
Steve

Old 05-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

I just want to say I'm looking foward to this release.

I plan to use it on a site which involves selling licenses for web templates/styles etc. Would it be possible to have a licence system (downloadable products) (sort of what the geek has here). I'm sure that would benefit many users out there.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:54 PM

That is something we have always wanted to develop for release, but it is just a matter of finding the time
Old 05-23-2007, 04:27 PM

What The Geek said above. I however have tried to develop my own license system but that fell through. Once gold is released I will take the time to discuss a license system with Geek and see what we come up with.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

Good stuff, I'm glad your looking into developing this product. vBulletin has been crying out for a intergrated shop for years. I think the only higher request would be a CMS.

Once you have a release out I'll be sure to check it out
Old 05-24-2007, 05:12 PM

CMS might be on the to do list in the later future but I'm sure in due time GM might just have a built in CMS.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I have a suggestion, type I could be created one add-on that he integrated GM with other services of payment, for example, in Brazil much people I do not use the Paypal on the contrary of this here the BrPay I am more used, thus I existed this integration I enter these systems of payment, I find that GM would more go to be requested as Hack de Shop for example.
Closed Thread