The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-20-2007, 11:29 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Public Progress Update

First off let me say that my life has been hectic, I am trying for custody of my son so for the past few months I have been in and out of court. I am not trying to get any hopes up but in that time I did what I could. I just wanted to let everyone know that since I went to court this last time its done for 6 months to a year. Thankfully I can now give more attention to GeekMart .

For the next few days I plan to see what I can do with the sandbox feature but paypal has since changed how its accessed and therefore the work I have done thus far has not even made a dent in that feature.

In this thread I will let the public know my progress as I think its only right. But in no way is this thread meant to be a tracker till the gold release. I feel the public here should know how things are going and the next step I plan to take.

Also, I ask that if you plan to suggest features, please do not suggest in this thread, write them down for later reference. When the time comes for us to add new features there will be a public thread.

I do however apologize for the lack of time spent here. I never intended for me to be absent so much but court does that. I thank everyone for being patient with me during this time. Now lets see if I can get the sandbox feature worked out.

Cheers
Steve

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 05-21-2007, 05:33 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Update:

Sandbox feature is fixed. Unfortunately I could not fully test it so I have suggested to The Geek 1 more beta release to make sure Sandbox is fully working and can be tested by all those who have purchases GeekMart before hand.

Email notification for vendors is working properly, still working on a slight issue though, nothing major.

Phrasing, I have added every phrase that I found to be missing, I DO NOT ASSUME I have added all missing phrases as there may be a few that I did miss.

That is all for now.

Cheers
Steve

Old 05-21-2007, 08:47 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thanks for your help Steve
Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythotical View Post
First off let me say that my life has been hectic, I am trying for custody of my son so for the past few months I have been in and out of court. I am not trying to get any hopes up but in that time I did what I could. I just wanted to let everyone know that since I went to court this last time its done for 6 months to a year. Thankfully I can now give more attention to GeekMart .
Good luck and best wishes with that. I'll not mess up your thread my thoughts... just know my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Always, Bree
(Mommy of two daughters - 6yo and 2yo)
Old 05-21-2007, 05:46 PM

Thanks, I plan to get done asap as I want to see a gold release soon. If everything goes well with Beta 6 and Sandbox then we might be able to go gold.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:40 AM

Ok, last update.

Aside from everything listed above, here is the update.

I have changed the header of the README file as well as edited the information contained within it and added a new section to it.

Tidied a little bit of the code, not alot as I plan to set aside a time after gold release to go through and completely tidy the code.

I am adding a new feature to the admin area, you will be able to View Previous Orders. Now its a small addition but I hope to add a few more features to the admin area if others suggest more.

Unfortunately, me and The Geek have agreed that 1 more Beta release is necessary. We have set a time the if no bugs have been reported on a certain feature then we will go gold.

Now that concludes this final update ()

Cheers
Steve

Old 05-24-2007, 04:15 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Looking forward to a gold release so I can get it up on my forums!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:10 PM

technoticmedia, I can say this, even though one last Beta is being released, you can still install it on a live site. The feature that I am wanting to make sure works does not effect a live site.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:55 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

so does this mean that this product is now available to purchase?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:53 AM

Not yet, once I am finished then I will discuss the option of opening up purchasing again. So give me a few days and I'll let you know what me and Geek come up with decision wise.