The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-29-2008, 05:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default No Banners

Ok I'm a little confused. I believe I have everything set up correctly including two different banners (adsinse and a image). However I dont see any ads. I have checked all of my usergroup flags and they appear correct and went through the troubleshooting guide. The only thing I can think of that could br wrong is that I am running VB 3.8 on this site currently.

Anyone else had this trouble or have something to look at to get this thing going?

Oh, by the way, I am showing impressions being made on the admin side.

Last edited by Dagda; 12-29-2008 at 09:48 AM..
Old 12-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Are you using Ad Block or some other browser add-on that blocks ads from showing on screen?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-30-2008, 06:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

No, I have tried it out on several different machines (different connections) and browsers still getting nothing. I did have another ad hack running, but disabled it when I first put in this hack.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:32 PM

Update: I just found one of the tutorials on how to place ads between posts. I tried it and it works fine. Now, it looks as if the hack itself works but there is something going on elsewhere for the base product not to be working..

Could this be due to something in VB 3.8? Template trouble?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Not sure, but maybe as you are using vBa CMPS, the GAB ad variable is not scoped. Does vBa CMPS have a place where you can add $GAB_ads to a setting in the ACP to place $GAB_ads in a global scope?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-22-2009, 05:18 AM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Not sure, but maybe as you are using vBa CMPS, the GAB ad variable is not scoped. Does vBa CMPS have a place where you can add $GAB_ads to a setting in the ACP to place $GAB_ads in a global scope?
Hello at me it's the same, using vba CMPS but I made the variable Global!
I also see in the stats that it will be shown but I see nothing from the Banner I put via Link into.

So I think it's strange!
If you want I can give you a link and a login to have a look?!

Greetings
Hans
Old 02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Please see posts one and three in this thread. You need to add adv_index to the scripts, do the global $GAB_ads; bit, and check the troubleshooting section here.