The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-14-2008, 06:45 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default What am i doing wrong?? Can't see the banners!!

I have installed GAB and its showing in my Admin CP fine...but thats the end of it really!! Nothing happens

I have checked the vB default skin to see if its a conflict with my skin, bt the banners dont show on there either

I only have a couple of hours to spend on my site per day so dont want to be wasting all my time on this, so its been sat not having anything done with it for weeks..its about time i got to the bottom of it!
Old 03-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sorry but "installed it and nothing happens" is not enough for me to go on. However, GAB comes with a fairly extensive readme file, and that file has a troubleshooting section in it that lists all of the troubleshooting issues I could think of when I wrote it.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-14-2008, 08:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

i dont really know the terms!!

I have added a banner , changed the settings, set the location of the image, set the URL and then thats it...i cannot see the banner on the forum!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

There's more to getting GAB going than adding a banner . There needs to be a 'billboard' and 'scripts' matter. This is all explained in the readme file, though if you have any specific issues, please give as much detail as you can, and I'll try to help you.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-14-2008, 08:15 PM

i thought i had done that also, obviously something is not right, will have another read!