The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-08-2006, 08:31 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default GARS, GEEKER & GAL: How do I?

I bought GARS, GAL today I installed in my localhost, I found following error can anyone tell me how to enalbe this:

My forum has already few key words. I added in GALs but its not showing the link for past key words. How to enable them in GAL

next is My GAL words shows underline and blue color only no arrow box and when I click the gal link unnecessary page open to forum ....autolink.php?id=2&script=showthread&forumid=4 how to avoid this.

GARS:
  1. I want to make another type like Article I did it but displaying page distort may be CSS problem? how to fix it.
  2. How to enable and disable feature article as I tried to delete the feature one its not working. When I deleted the aritcle GARS is still showing but when I clik no page found obviously i have deleted. How to avoid this? and How to make feature and unfeature article
  3. is it possible to have more feature article or just one?
  4. how to break page
GEEKER: While downloading the Vbgeek is there in the license agreement instead of my forum name and where does uploaded file reside is it in the mysqyl?

Last edited by ang2el; 02-08-2006 at 08:47 AM..
Old 02-08-2006, 06:12 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

GAL ,

1- Im not sure what you mean by already having few keywords and it not linking past keywords. GAL will link real time, so any new or old words should show fine (as long as they meet matching criteria).
2- The missing image is most likely because you either didnt copy the image into the image folder or you have differing styles (the images need to be in each style)
3- The page its going to is because you are tracking clicks on the keyword.

GARS,
1- Can you post a screen shot? Most likely a style issue (i.e. you are using default GARS templates on a highly customized style).
2- Deleting a featured article can result in the feature still being displayed. THis is a current issue. To remove it, you will need to manually delete the corresponding row from your database table (the gars table). This will be fixed very soon.
The easiest way to feature and unfeature non deleted threads is to double click the post icon on your forumdisplay.
3- Feature as many as you want
4- use [break] or [break=page name]

Geeker
The upload is in the DB and the license agreement can be edited in your templates.

HTHs!