The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-09-2007, 06:59 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default big suggestion

This idea is going to sound weird, and would be a big task to complete, but I wanted to see what everyone else thinks about it.

Okay I have several sites, and I want to sell advertisement banners from a central location, and have these automatically displayed on all sites once approved. These banners will be rotated randomly. and I would need the system to handle over 10 000 banners o_O

It would be nice if the user could login and see stats about how there click through rate etc is going, but this part could come after.

have the main part of the code built into vbulletin, but as it will display random banners on my other sites that have the code in, some of these sites may not be vbulletin, so code to work with my other vbulletin and non vbulletin sites to display the advertisement banner .

I know this is a big thing, and I just wanted to see what other people thought about this, as if this was done, it would make GAB totally awesome.

just my 2 cents, let me know what you think.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Was working on a system that did that. It merged GAL , GAB and Geekmart into 1 Usercp system. Its just been helved while other things get developed
Old 04-10-2007, 12:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If I bug you enough will that make it unshelved

also was the part about: buying a banner , then it gets displayed once its approved on all sites, eg. the vb site, my other vb site, my non vb site, etc.

was this the part you would be creating as well?

Because this is the part I need the most. If so, what will get your interest working on this again
Old 04-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I cant work faster than I am

It wouldnt work across sites as that would require a unified user system which vB doesnt have (yet)
Old 04-11-2007, 12:20 AM

I see, then it would be no good for me, Does anyone know of any good solutions out there already that can do this?