The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-14-2006, 05:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Global Output

I hate that I have to add all the pages in vbulletin to the scripts. There should be global output. I want the banner ad in the header and footer, on all pages throughout my site. Just a suggestion to have a global setting.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I'm not sure what you are asking. Why cant you just have $GAB_ads[0] and $GAB_ads[1] in the header and footer respectively?
Old 01-15-2006, 12:45 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I'm not sure what you are asking. Why cant you just have $GAB_ads[0] and $GAB_ads[1] in the header and footer respectively?
I have it in the header and footer respectively, but it doesn't show up on every single page.

Like the memberlist for example. I had to go to scripts and define it. IT would be nice to not have to define scripts.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:41 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sorry Mikekey, what are you doing to 'define it', do you mean tick the script boxes?
Old 01-15-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Sorry Mikekey, what are you doing to 'define it', do you mean tick the script boxes?
I don't know how I can possibly explain this any simpler, its very straight forward. Your banners don't show up unless the page has been defined.

THEY DON'T SHOW UP ON MEMBERLIST, CALENDAR, PHOTOGALLERY, ARCADE, PROFILE, etc.

See the below

If the vbulletin page isn't listed there, then the ad doesn't show up on it. I had to add my photogallery, memberlist and member scripts, and it only shows the advertisement on gallery_index, the rest of the pages, nothing.

Now one would assume that if you placed $GAB_ads[X] in the header it would show up on every single page in vbulletin. But it doesn't it only shows up on the pages you list or enter into your scripts.

Thats pretty frustrating and annoying. There should be an option to make it show up on EVERY SINGLE PAGE!!! Without having to define the 50 million files that vbulletin has along with my plugins.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:32 PM

I don't know how I can spell it out for you any simpler than that.

if you need a visual, heres my calendar: http://www.757forums.com/calendar.php?

whats missing from the header and footer??

here are my forums:
http://www.757forums.com/forums.php?

OH Look there's the advertisements in the header and footer.

here is my links directory:
http://www.757forums.com/links/index.php?

HEY WHERE DID THE ADVERTISEMENTS GO AGAIN???

Do you get what I'm saying yet?
Old 01-15-2006, 08:27 PM

Chill man, thats what I thought you were saying - however I don't see this as much of an issue. Depending on your setup, there are a HANDFUL of additional pages you may need to add, (most users never have to add any at all). Its designed that way so that you can control which ads appear on which pages and how each ad appears on each page.

Trust me, it would have been A LOT easier to just make it a global feature.

Sorry you're so aggravated.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Chill man, thats what I thought you were saying - however I don't see this as much of an issue. Depending on your setup, there are a HANDFUL of additional pages you may need to add, (most users never have to add any at all). Its designed that way so that you can control which ads appear on which pages and how each ad appears on each page.

Trust me, it would have been A LOT easier to just make it a global feature.

Sorry you're so aggravated.
I do want to control which ads are on certian pages. But for my header and footer, I want an ad on all pages.

I like the script feature, cuase I can add other ads that members can turn off.

I was just syaing it would be nice if there was an option to have an ad displayed "global" across all pages.

Unless there is a way to do this?