The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-01-2006, 06:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Expiration dates not working

I submitted a issue in the tracker a couple of time and the last time I was told it was fixed with RC3b. I am here to say that today is the first day of September and after midnight came and went by I found out that the problem still exist. So could we get some resolution for this problem.

Here is the link to the bug I submitted.

http://www.thevbgeek.com/tracker/ind...md=view&id=107
Old 09-01-2006, 07:50 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Is your cron job enabled?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:10 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Is your cron job enabled?
Yes it is enabled. The reason I know this is because it unchecks the one that expires but it will not check mark the new banners that take effect at the beginning of the month.

Here is what my cron job is set at.

00 0 * * * GAB
Old 09-05-2006, 05:25 AM

So should I put in yet another ticket for this problem?
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

please do
Old 10-06-2006, 06:51 AM

Any news on when you are going to look at this and get it working correctly? I am trying to be patient.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:47 PM

Thanks. I have just tested it again, and it is working as expected.
I added an ad.. set to expire in the future. It appeared as you would expect. I then set the expiry date to yesterday and it doesnt appear anymore. Are you sure you have the latest files?
What used to happen is that the cron job was relied upon to deactivate expired entires. Now the SQL statement selects from active entires.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I have just tested it again, and it is working as expected.
I added an ad.. set to expire in the future. It appeared as you would expect. I then set the expiry date to yesterday and it doesnt appear anymore. Are you sure you have the latest files?
What used to happen is that the cron job was relied upon to deactivate expired entires. Now the SQL statement selects from active entires.
No, no that is not the issue I am having. All my dates expire as they are suppose to.

The problem I am having is having a date in the future become active. For example if I have a banner set up for 01 November 2006 and I put you in today and set it to inactive and then I want it to automatically become active on 01 November and start displaying. This does not happen.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:49 PM

Gotcha. I misunderstood. Ill dive back into it and check it out.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Gotcha. I misunderstood. Ill dive back into it and check it out.
OK, I will try and be patient a little longer then. At least you understand what I mean now.