The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-04-2005, 08:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you need more templates, add a new template set and change accordingly. Or are you saying that you need more template swaps then GARS accomidates? The other templates will still work in GARS templates. Im not sure why you would need GARS specific ones?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
The other templates will still work in GARS templates. Im not sure why you would need GARS specific ones?
Bah, forget it, i found the best solution, i built a module for each part of these pages... so i can select to display the "Display Options", "Currently Active Users", "Moderators", "Forum Tools", and so on... as Blocks inside the system, so i was able to drop all these details from the original templates and activate them in GARS...

with this possibility, i would rename the GARS to be the Forum Constructor... because we can rebuild about any kind of forum with it..
Old 12-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexia
Bah, forget it, i found the best solution, i built a module for each part of these pages... so i can select to display the "Display Options", "Currently Active Users", "Moderators", "Forum Tools", and so on... as Blocks inside the system, so i was able to drop all these details from the original templates and activate them in GARS...

with this possibility, i would rename the GARS to be the Forum Constructor... because we can rebuild about any kind of forum with it..
Can you share those new modules with us also
Old 12-05-2005, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King
Can you share those new modules with us also
hum, not sure.. lol

i'll try to make them work before making any move... actually, it's a bit confusing on who the modules are working...

EDIT:

i include here two mods, i think i will not add more, these two were very easy to manage...

Active Users for forumdisplay and showthread... so it would be possible to drop them from the templates and just activate them as modules... that's what i've done.

took me less than 3 minutes per mod to make, so i suppose anybody can do it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip forumdisplay_activeusers.php.zip (1.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: zip showthread_activeusers.php.zip (1.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by nexia; 12-05-2005 at 07:55 PM..
Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 PM

Very nice
and i hope that u dont forget my reguest
http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=221&page=2
Old 12-13-2005, 01:43 PM

what one? This one: http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=718
Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM

Hmmm i'm not sure if this is what i have reguest or not

but from what i see after upload image .. we can add link to anther page etc.. this is also anther nice feature

my other reguest was to have anther options then the upload image .. so we can just add link to the cover

Example

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...511287-7660747

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...CMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

this is example from Amazon maybe i use al ink from any other free image hosting etc..

so i dont need to host them in my server .. so just link to image .. and maybe there is image Resize .... i hope this feature will be add

i hope you understand what i mean

Last edited by Walim; 12-13-2005 at 06:13 PM..