The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Lizard Lounge

Lizard Lounge The place to post off topic stuff.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-07-2005, 09:26 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default The Pipeline

Just in case anyone is curious as to what I have in the pipeline, I thought I would give you a run down and quick preview.
  • This week I am phrasing GARS and creating documentation whilst bugs are found. Its my goal to have a solid gold product this weekend.
  • At the same time, I am turning some attention to GeekMart to get that to its next Beta (Beta 4)
  • Ill then turn my hand toward GAB to bring to RC
  • Ill then look to introducing a new version of GAL with a glossary feature (to allow users to browse GALS, maybe even enter their own)
  • Ill be unleashing Geek Gazette which I am prototyping right now (based on the GARS module system... pretty nifty stuff). You can get a sneak preview by clicking here.
  • Ill be developing GUSH (the UI for GAL, GAB and GeekMart)
  • Ill be then looking at GeekBay (however looks like it'll have to be called GeekBid )
Anyhooo. Theres my diary for the next 6 years

Last edited by The Geek; 03-24-2007 at 07:47 PM..
Old 11-07-2005, 09:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Is Geek Gazette going to be like a cms for vb ?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:18 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King
Is Geek Gazette going to be like a cms for vb ?
Naahh, looks like it becomes somekind of a Commbull Clone?!

Regards,

Tobi
Old 11-08-2005, 02:42 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

sounds good geek,

have you thought about selling them all together as a package posibly discounted a little?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Great I mean awesome.. will be looking forward to the geek gazette

Old 11-08-2005, 06:50 AM

Geek Gazette will be a newsletter system.

I used commbull in the past however I had to hack it to death to do what I was after. The amount of time I spent on it - I could of almost written a custom one. Commbull has been ported to 3.5 and although its a little more functional - Im going to have to rehack the hell out of it to do what I want it to. Therefore I decided to simply write an emailer based on GARS module system. That way you can add as many modules as you want wherever you want.

For instance, I like to have a block that shows any news items since last visit along with new tutorials and new articles (seperate from one another).

Then a block for the hottest threads, one for stats, a random poll, and any new polls since last visit. I also want the option to automatically send out mailers daily, weekly and monthly.

Anyhooo... As a prototype, its already come together pretty easily so Im pretty excited. And yes, I suddenly thought 'holy crap, this could easily be a portal too' however I doubt ill dev it specifically for that. Too much to do right now and there are already plenty of great options out there for that.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:15 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Geekbid sounds good
Old 01-15-2006, 09:28 AM

Geek, actually a Portal where each user is able to set the position(move it to top/bottom/right/left) of each module/blocks would be quite nice feature and stand out from the others. Maybe Geek Gazette should allow users to do that aswell?