The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-19-2007, 05:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I suspect its a template installation issue. Let me know what you come up with.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

im still fiddling.

ive removed all of the sql code from the xml file, and its still "hanging" when importing the product.

will have a wee nosey through that now, i initially thought it was sql related you see.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:10 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I dont think its with the code, I suspect it is in the template section. A user had a problem a little while ago and it was down to their version of vB being outdated. It was crashing/hanging while creating the templates.
There is a similar problem with plugins being impoted into older versions of vB if they contain a newer tag (i.e. the execution order tag). Therefore I suspect that your version of vB is choking on a tag (or somthing) with the templates that was fixed/implimented in 3.6.4

Try deleting ALL the template code from the product xml and see if it imports and get back to me.

I appreciate your help here
Old 02-19-2007, 06:14 PM

k, with templates section removed, it imports.

lol .. great! the templates section is huge, rofl.

K, atleast i know where to continue looking.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:57 PM

i started with the first template, then added the next, then the next etc etc etc till i found one that hung the import...

This is the first one (not checked, or looked through the code yet...will see if others hang the import).

<template name="GARS_forumdisplay" templatetype="template" date="1146782034" username="The Geek" version="2.1.4"><![CDATA[$stylevar[htmldoctype]
</template>
Old 02-19-2007, 07:12 PM

k, the only one that is causing the problems is the forumdisplay one i mentioned previously..

looking at it i see loads of \par tags, is this a 3.6 thing?

what happens if i remove them? (ill go try now :P)

EDIT, ignore the \par thing, thats my bad!
Old 02-19-2007, 07:22 PM

k, well i replaced the forumdisplay from 2.02 in the 2.1.4 xml file. Its worked a treat, bit of a ball ache finding it, wish there was some kinda logging, or error reporting

Anyhoo, any ideas whats new in 3.6 that will be affecting that forumdisplay template?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:11 PM

I dont - however it gives me much more to work with

Try to take the HTML from between its <!cdata[ (htmlhere) ]]> tags and put it in a new template to see if it chokes.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:34 AM

ive no idea anymore.. its totally redesigned now
Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 AM

Not sure what you mean

The GARS_forumdislpay template has changed and you should be using the latest. If you take the html from the product xml between the cdata tags, you should be able to paste that directly over your existing gars_forumdisplay. If it conks out - it gives me even more to work with