The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-06-2008, 03:03 AM

Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Error when changing settings

After installing, I went to edit the settings and this is the error I was shown:

Quote:
Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in [path]/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 182
Old 09-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

This is the second time I've heard about this error message, but not everyone gets it so ATM I suspect some other add-on is unserializing GAZ datastore and then GAZ cannot, so try temporarily turning off/disabling all other add-ons except GAZ. Do you still get the error message?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-06-2008, 06:37 PM

What did the first person do? Is there any way to compare what plugins we have? Would VBSEO be a problem with this?

Maybe something in the database? I bought an older newsletter mod from a scammer a while ago...maybe you've heard of him, blogtorank? He posted a lite version of the mod at vb.org and it was 5 dollars to purchase the premium one, so I did. It never worked properly but could that maybe be the problem?

And I've disabled most of my mods and nothing came of it. I left smaller ones enabled like ones made by cybernetec. I disabled vbseo (via vbseocp) and nothing there. So what now?

Last edited by AzzidReign; 09-06-2008 at 06:51 PM..
Old 09-07-2008, 06:54 AM

Is it a problem that I'm using it with 3.7.2 PL2? I haven't upgraded to the newest vb yet but will shortly but the 3.7.x series isn't listed on the requirements nor is the 2.0.2 version of GAZ listed.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The other person edited the following line in the gaz_class_core.php file.

BEFORE MAKING THIS CHANGE, READ THIS THREAD AND DO THE EDIT IN THIS THREAD INSTEAD!!!

Code:
$this->settings = unserialize($this->vb->GAZ_settings);
To:
Code:
$this->settings = $this->vb->GAZ_settings;
But before editing the code, run the following query and let me know the result:
Code:
# add your vB table prefix to the datastore table name if you use a prefix
SELECT unserialize FROM datastore WHERE title = 'GAZ_settings';
If the value that is returned is 1 or 2 then run the following query:
Code:
# add your vB table prefix to the datastore table name if you use a prefix
UPDATE datastore SET unserialize = 0 WHERE title = 'GAZ_settings';
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-08-2008, 03:22 AM

The query result is 0. So I should just edit the code now?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Yes, you can do the code edit now.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:38 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Morgan,

As an FYI, I had to do this tonight. I was running a 4.x flavor of MySQL and now I'm running a 5.x. I ran the query you suggested and the value was 0, so then I made the file edit you showed above and everything works again. I don't know what MySQL versions other people are on, but this could be the cause.