The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-12-2005, 09:31 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 
Default Is this an ideal solution for a gaming site?

I'm going to use vBadvanced for the index, but was thinking about using gallery somehow to put reviews in for games. I could see this being better maybe. Is there a way I can use modules from vBadvanced in this as well?

I read the description, but I'm still not sure what would work best.

In any case, let me know your thoughts (try and be unbiased please)
Old 11-12-2005, 09:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I think this is far more ideal for writing game reviews (as most will vouch). In fact, there are several using it for game reviews.

Using vbacmps modules? Nope. However im not sure which ones you would want to use in GARS? Those are all pretty much geared to portal information.

HTH's
Old 11-13-2005, 05:44 AM

I suppose I could search more through your forums... but are there any people out there using this? (examples)?

I'd really like to have a "module" I guess you could call it. Where I can insert some eBay ad code that I could then implement on all of my game pages. Because eBay ads work really well for older game systems etc.

Lemme know.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I am hoping to get a showcase link directory set up soon - but most likely not until AFTER it goes gold. As far as # of people, there are over 100 people using GARS now.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:21 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I use vba and the geek scripts for my gaming sites, in the end it just depends on how creative you want to be with the tools, but the tools here are more than capable of doing what you want ..
Old 11-13-2005, 10:19 PM

When is GARS going gold? Lol all of your products sound so great... but I need them to be gold unless it's realllllllly easy to upgrade.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:28 PM

Upgrading isnt much of an issue with my stuff (and most stuff fo vB) however I can never promise that jumps between versions wont entail some work.

I can however say that this things about gold. I have addressed most issues that I am aware of (and there are not that many in RC1) and ill be putting out RC2 or possibly even gold very very soon.

In fact, I was hoping to have rc2 or gold for tonight - however Ive been pretty swamped so I havent gotten everything wrapped up yet.
No long though
Old 11-14-2005, 01:40 AM

That sounds great as one of my coders is finishing up work tomorrow! Sweeeeeeet. The review system wast the first thing I wanted to implement anyway. Store is next.

I think I'll be buying many products from thevbgeek lol . Why don't you have your own cms? Will you eventually do your own? I see right now you're using vbadvanced.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:52 AM

I could do - however there are other great options already out there. Why do a portal when vba is out there? I could improve in a couple areas but overall its one of the best built bits of code you can get for vB in my opinion. No need to reinvent the wheel!
Old 11-14-2005, 07:52 AM

Ok.

Well, does anyone here wanna post some of their sites using the review system?