The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-03-2007, 12:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I realize this an an unpopular opinion, but I would rather see these scripts show up on .org than be handed over to someone else.

In all honesty, I can't think of a single person or team who has the qualifications, time or reputation to handle things as well as you have. It seems unjust to me for someone to have an opportunity to profit off of your hard work and family misfortune - Even if they are helping you and the community... But that's just me. Again, I realize this is an unpopular opinion so don't flame me too hard
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-03-2007, 06:37 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythotical View Post
Brian of vBa has enough on his plate as is and I doubt he has time to take on this many projects.
It's best to allow him to speak for himself.

Free Fonts ~ Digital Photography Help
Old 10-03-2007, 02:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heggy View Post
In all honesty, I can't think of a single person or team who has the qualifications, time or reputation to handle things as well as you have.
I can only think of one person: Brian
Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I would agree that either Brian or Elfmage from NuHit are two great candidates. I have products from both and they go out of their way to help users and are incredibly responsive. I've tried speaking to both of them about this situation here... no reponse from Brian, but Elfmage said he would be interested. I would highly suggest you talk to him, as I believe this stuff would fit well into his existing portfolio of products, and they are very active developing new vB related things.

As a bit of background, I have been one of the charter owners of their vB based wiki product, and have been very impressed with his responsiveness to all his customers... both in working on problem, and also on listening to what they want and adding it to the product. He has even been interested in adding hooks that would allow the wiki to work together with GARS created custom fields, although that wasn't done yet... we have a fruitful discussion about it. I think that GARS especially would fit well either in Brian's portfolio, or with Elfmage's... but since Elfmage appears interested... I hope you will speak with him about it.

I am really dependent on these products and it would be a huge problem for me if GARS fell into an unsupported situation... either going dead, or going to .org.... either way I'd start looking for a new solution. I can't depend on the uncertainty of the .org world to provide a critical component to my sites' construction.

Please reach out to Elfmage at nuhit.com.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-03-2007, 06:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
I would agree that either Brian or Elfmage from NuHit are two great candidates.
These developers and site owners have both shown that they are both great coders and good communicators able to discuss subjects with customers in a decent manner.

And by the way, who says all 5 Geek scrips need go together to a new home? Nuhit might be able/handle some scripts, Brian another etc.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

All I can say now is that we give Geek a chance to respond to all of our inquiries and see what he decides.

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 10-04-2007, 12:59 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

+1 for Elfmage. He is a very good communicator which is one thing that I look for when buying a product. Plus he has a team, so it will not be a 1 man project no longer, and he has talent!
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-04-2007, 01:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrikhansen View Post
These developers and site owners have both shown that they are both great coders and good communicators able to discuss subjects with customers in a decent manner.

And by the way, who says all 5 Geek scrips need go together to a new home? Nuhit might be able/handle some scripts, Brian another etc.
Agreed - I contacted elfmage awhile ago and suggested that he contact thevbgeek regarding taking on one or all of the geek projects, and I think he has done so. Brian is another great person - his support and products are excellent.

If my vote counts (and I know it doesn't) I vote for either or both of these fine upstanding folks
Old 10-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Very sorry to hear of the business developments Geek. I wish you and your family well during this transition. I sure hate to see your work here stop. I have enjoyed your scripts on three of my forums having purchased GARS, GAL, GAB and most recently a license for Geek Gazette that I haven't even used yet. Oh well, again blessings to you and your family.

BTW I just noticed that Brian with vBadvanced was listed. His support is awesome and his products rock solid. If he were interested in picking up these products he would be a very solid choice.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigratrus View Post
The other I can think of might be Morgan from Photoplog, he's been the most consistently reliable coder we've worked with. We've commissioned a few mods from him and his work has been of exceedingly high quality, good documentation and clean coding. He also consistently provides top-notch support. I'd guess he might well have his hands full with Photoplog though? If he does have the time he'd almost certainly be able to do your products/customers justice.
I second this opinion. I have purchased scripts from multiple parties, and Morgan is both a great coder and communicator.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads