The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-06-2009, 05:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Question How to show PhotoPlog minithumbs in GARS

I would like to show the photoplog minithumbs in a template of GARS. But couldnt success. The closest thing to is this thread (Random Thumbs).

But actually i need the exactly same $photoplog[minithumbnails].
As you know its much better and its with highslide. So its possible to enlarge the thumb and see the title of the photo.

But with above addon, (Random thumbs) its not that good.

Regards
Old 01-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The only GARS/PhotoPlog module available is the one here that you already found. You would need to edit the photoplog_random_thumbs.php file in the /display directory if you want the output to show something different.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-06-2009, 07:24 PM

Thanks a lot Morgan for your quick response.
Even its not related with the topic, i would like to ask you one more thing if you dont mind.

How can i remove the "Click here to read the entire article" ?
I mean, i do not want to show the main articles synopsis at 2nd page. I just want the thread replies continue as its on original vBulletin

Regards
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

There is no ACP option to turn that off so you would need to edit the process_pagetext function in the gars_class_page.php file. Look for GARS_read_entire in that function to find the place to edit, perhaps adding in something so that if-else block of code doesn't execute if $this->vb->GPC['pagenumber'] is greater than one.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 AM

I've changed the number with quite big one. (50) But now its showing full content of first thread at every first message of other pages.

Isnt it possible to completely remove this preview option ? (preview of thread at each pages)
Old 01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Nope, there is no option to turn it off other than to edit the code. One thing you can try is to replace the first instance of this in the gars_class_page.php file:
Code:
if ($this->type)
With this:
Code:
if ($this->type && $this->vb->GPC['pagenumber'] < 2)
And see if it does what you want. This is not something I have done, and I have posted all the ideas I have, so if it doesn't do what you want, then you will need to try some other code edits and see if you can get it as you want.