The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-11-2006, 09:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default A few suggestions...

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in....

Text under banners
- Have the ability to add different text underneath each banner ad.
- We need this function so we can say specific things for each banner

Multiple Banners for advertisiser
- Have the ability to have a customer/client/advertiser as a customer in the system and be able to assign multiple banners (as many as you need).
- For example, x customer wants two 468 x 60 banners one, 125 x 125 banner , and one 120 x 600 banner
- Put a limit number of banner displays, clicks, etc on the total amount for the cusomter/client/advertiser so it evens out based on all of the banners

Thank you for consideration.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:01 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thanks for your feeback.

For the first one, you can add this functionality very easily by editing your GAB_item_image template and putting $ad[html] after the html text.
Then edit any of your banners and enter the description/text in the HTML box.

Ill think about adding it as a default, however this is only the second request I have had for it and the workaround is pretty easy enough.

I think I follow you on the second point. You want the ability to load balance banners by userid.
hmmm. Not 100% sure how to do that yet so let me mull it about
Old 03-12-2006, 05:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thank you for considering them. The way I have our advertising set-up is an advertiser pays x amount for a total of x amount of banners for an x mount of weeks...so it balances it all out with all the banners it would be most helpful.

Thank you!

Michael