The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-26-2005, 02:59 PM

Default GARS and categories ?

Hello,

I've read a lot of information about GARS, and test it in the test forum. All the functionnality are very impressive.

I’ve a question about the categories. How can I attribute some categories for a specific article or a specific review ? Is it possible to display a list of content for a specific categorie ?

For example, I’ve 3 forums: review, article, news.
For each content I’ve created with GARS in these forums, I’d like to but some categories like :
-CD, DVD or VHS,
-Rock, pop, classic
-range of price 0/10$ 10/20$ 20/30$...

Is it possible to attribute this categories ?

Is it possible to display a list for all contents "Rock" for example (with all reviews, articles and news about Rock) ?
Is it possible to display a list of all contents "rock"+ "10/20$" range price?

Thanks for your answer,

Best Regards
Old 10-26-2005, 03:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I do this with subforums.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yup, and as James mentioned - you simply do this with subforums.

HTH's
Old 10-26-2005, 07:36 PM

Thanks a lot for your answers.

But maybe sub-forum can't solve all my problem if I want to use complexe categories. I'd like to use categories like in a CMS with taxinomies and multiple tree of categories for each content.

For example, I don't see how to use a sub forum to "Rock" and "10/20$", is there a sub forum for "price-range" categorie, and another one for "music style" categorie ?
Or must-I create a sub forum like this News>Sub forum Rock>Sub Forum Price Range ?

And finally, with sub-forum, can you tell me the way to display a list of all contents (news, reviews, article) with "rock"+ "10/20$" categories?
How genreting a list for all content about the last U2 DVD for example (if the visitor want to see all article, news and reviews, and maybe forum discussion about this DVD).

I'm sorry if my examples are not the best. My hope is to put some keywords or categorie for each "discussion" to manage with GARS a "CMS" version of vb3.5. That could be a very great feature isn't it ?

Thanks for your help and your answer...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:01 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

if you go to vbulletin options, then to Forum Listings Display Options you can set how deep you want your forums to display on the pages, I think that is what you are talking about, theoretically you can have as many sub cats as you like
Old 10-26-2005, 08:12 PM

Thanks a lot for this answer, I'll take a look with attention of this options... Thanks.