The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-08-2005, 03:38 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Show attachment module only to article poster and select usergroups?

The attachment column shouldn't be needed by regular members as long as they can still see the attachments used throughout the articles. Atleast this is the way it is for me.

So is there a way I can set it up so that only say admins and the original author can see the attachment module? Takes up way to much space and really isnt required for regular members
Old 11-08-2005, 03:44 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Or better yet how can we make it a pop up menu link?

Cause some of my articles have over 50 images.

And there is now way in hell that would work
Old 11-08-2005, 06:34 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sure, either put a is_member_of() test before the output in the attachment module or hang tight and ill make it a setting for you
Old 11-08-2005, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Sure, either put a is_member_of() test before the output in the attachment module or hang tight and ill make it a setting for you
I'll hang for the setting! Thanks alot
Old 11-11-2005, 01:54 AM

Is it possible to make a link to "View all attachments" instead of showing them all period?

Cause even if only thread creator and admins can see them thats still 50+ pictures....
Old 11-11-2005, 07:59 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hmmm. Not too sure on that. It would require another php page at least. Most likely not for next release - maybe for an add on or something?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:15 AM

Quote:
hmmm. Not too sure on that. It would require another php page at least. Most likely not for next release - maybe for an add on or something?
An addon would be good as long as I am able to do the link thing.

For example... this article just has 20 images and look how much space it takes up

http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...tml#post265414

Last edited by Brent; 11-16-2005 at 03:23 AM..
Old 11-16-2005, 06:49 AM

Yea, thats pretty heavy!

Why not put them in-line and disable the attachment module? Then it wont show?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Yea, thats pretty heavy!

Why not put them in-line and disable the attachment module? Then it wont show?
Sorry for my ignorance but how do you exactly put them in-line? I don't see that anywhere...

I need for the users that submit articles to see their attachments as well so that they can add them etc.

Last edited by Brent; 11-16-2005 at 06:55 AM..
Old 11-16-2005, 06:57 AM

its a vb3.5.1 feature.

When you attach the pics they then appear in a drop down menu next to the smilie drop down menu. From there you can pop them into your message.

My personal preferred method though is to use vbagallery (or PP) to store the images and then use my Geek Gallery Popup over at .org to insert the images.

Just a couple of options for you.

HTH's