The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-10-2006, 10:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Ok, a rundown on everything again.

When cache settings is on the tech article modules will not show on the tech articles forum display nor will they display on the project reports which works fine with its own module set.

If i use the project reports module set with the tech articles they display fine.

If i create a new module set ( test ) the show thread modules will display but the forum thread ones will not on either of the 2 types

With cache settings turned off its all fine. That would suggest a problem with that but the project reports modules work fine
Old 10-10-2006, 11:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Bizzare. Can you PM me an admincp URL and account and possibly FTP details so I can take a look?
Old 10-12-2006, 07:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Any luck with this?
Old 10-13-2006, 04:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

working on it...
Old 10-13-2006, 05:39 PM

Ta muchly
Old 10-17-2006, 10:53 PM

My new server is giving me random (incorrect) 403 errors, you think that could be related to this?

Also, whats the downside of not using the cache? Is it really so bad?
Old 10-19-2006, 12:07 PM

Possibly. Where and when are you getting the 403 errors?

Not using the cache is not too big of a deal if you only have a few types and module sets. Ideally it is best to use, but in situations like this, not using it would be fine.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:35 PM

The 403 errors are completely random i.e. the whole website could give them to me for no reason or sometimes just some of teh icons won't show. Nobody else has this problem tho

I only have 2 types and module sets in use and i may add another but that'll be the lot
Old 10-19-2006, 01:03 PM

Have you checked your apache logs?
Old 10-28-2006, 01:41 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

The same thing is happening to me. When I first installed it they worked, then I had a problem with a "ghost" module breaking my style all up.

So I followed a suggestion by a mod in another thread and created a new module set (and deleted the default set while I was doing this). My modules have not shown up since.

I have made no changes to the templates at all. I have tried turning the cache off and it doesn't resolve the problem. I've also cleared the cache...

I am not too impressed right now with gars. With the amount of time I have spent trying to get this to work correctly, I could have made a custom vbulletin style that would give the forum/showthread pages a "review system" feel.