The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornstar6969 View Post
More errors reported by members

Quote:
Hey, I just tried to unsubscribe to the newsletter, but it says that it can't find my subscription information.
If you could follow that up..thanks.
Revert the following two templates if changed from their originals, grab the GAZ package again, and re-import the product-gaz.xml file via the ACP (do not uninstall, do allow overwrite), and then afterwards reapply any template changes you want:
  • gaz_html_footer
  • gaz_text_footer
Alternatively, in the two listed templates find:
Code:
<if condition="$show['unsubscribe']">
And replace with:
Code:
<if condition="$show['unsubscribe'] AND $unsubscribehash">
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-18-2008, 04:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Revert the following two templates if changed from their originals, grab the GAZ package again, and re-import the product-gaz.xml file via the ACP (do not uninstall, do allow overwrite), and then afterwards reapply any template changes you want:
  • gaz_html_footer
  • gaz_text_footer
Alternatively, in the two listed templates find:
Code:
<if condition="$show['unsubscribe']">
And replace with:
Code:
<if condition="$show['unsubscribe'] AND $unsubscribehash">
Does the file available in the GAZ download area already have this fix?
Old 05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yes, it does.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-23-2008, 07:13 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I've tried renaming newsletter.php, I've tried making sure the right usergroup boxes are checked. I've reuploaded newsletter.php

I rebuilt the bitfields and that changed the error from "you do not have permission to access the newsletter area" to the default vbulletin no access error.

Quote:
This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Please check all my replies in this thread, as there is nothing more that I can offer that what I already posted. Maybe if you do this it will resolve itself.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Please check all my replies in this thread, as there is nothing more that I can offer that what I already posted. Maybe if you do this it will resolve itself.
I've gone through the replies in the thread and tried them. I just tried re-importing the gaz product xml file and allowing overwrite and it's still not letting me view the newsletter page.

I'm hoping that there is something more you can offer in the way of support to get this working.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Here is the code where I think you are getting the print_no_permission message, save for the bold red bit:
Code:
	$nids = '';

if (is_array($newsletters) && is_array($membergroups))
	{
		foreach ($newsletters AS $x => $temp)
		{
			$ok = false;
			$newsletters[$x]['usergroups'] = explode(',', $newsletters[$x]['usergroups']);

if (is_array($newsletters[$x]['usergroups']))
			{
				foreach ($membergroups AS $value)
				{
					if (in_array($value, $newsletters[$x]['usergroups']))
					{
						$ok = true;
						break;
					}
				}
			}
			if (!$ok)
			{
				unset($newsletters[$x]);
			}
			else
			{
				$nids .= ($nids ? "," : "") . intval($x);
			}
		}
	}

if (!$nids)
	{
		die('This is the place.');
		print_no_permission();
	}
You can put the bold red bit in the newsletter.php file and see if that is the place. If so, then either there is no newsletter, the newsletter is not active, there is no issue for the newsletter, the issue is not active, or your usergroup is not allowed access to the newsletter.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Here is the code where I think you are getting the print_no_permission message, save for the bold red bit:
Code:
	$nids = '';

if (is_array($newsletters) && is_array($membergroups))
	{
		foreach ($newsletters AS $x => $temp)
		{
			$ok = false;
			$newsletters[$x]['usergroups'] = explode(',', $newsletters[$x]['usergroups']);

if (is_array($newsletters[$x]['usergroups']))
			{
				foreach ($membergroups AS $value)
				{
					if (in_array($value, $newsletters[$x]['usergroups']))
					{
						$ok = true;
						break;
					}
				}
			}
			if (!$ok)
			{
				unset($newsletters[$x]);
			}
			else
			{
				$nids .= ($nids ? "," : "") . intval($x);
			}
		}
	}

if (!$nids)
	{
		die('This is the place.');
		print_no_permission();
	}
You can put the bold red bit in the newsletter.php file and see if that is the place. If so, then either there is no newsletter, the newsletter is not active, there is no issue for the newsletter, the issue is not active, or your usergroup is not allowed access to the newsletter.
If the issue is "active", that means it will be sent on the next cron run right?
Old 05-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Administrator

If the issue is active, then yes, it is fair game for the cron, though you can disable the send cron via the ACP -> Scheduled Tasks -> Scheduled Task Manager -> Disable GAZ Send Queue.