The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-25-2008, 08:47 AM

Question Only one auto link per thread & word with space

1) Is it possible to limit the number of auto-links to one per thread and not post?! I have a Mac related forum. So for example, if I set the keyword iPod, it's sometimes replaced like 20 times in the same thread ATM. It's too much.

2) I have read a lot of threads but still can't figure how to make keywords with space autolink. Your example with 'word1 word2' & word1' 'word2' doesn't seem to work for me.
I want to link, for example "MacBook Pro". But "MacBook" is also a keyword. Every time there is the name MacBook Pro it show up as MacBook Pro, redirecting to the MacBook page. I set an ordinal of 1 for MacBook Pro and 10 for MacBook.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Arnoz; 08-25-2008 at 09:37 AM..
Old 08-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

1: GAL processes keywords on a per post basis. The only option is the "Limit replacements per post" one, nothing for threads.

2: If 'WORD1 WORD2' and 'WORD1' or 'WORD2' are keywords, use Ordinal so that 'WORD1 WORD2' has a lower ordinal that either 'WORD1' or 'WORD2' ordinals, making the longer keyword parse before the shorter ones.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-26-2008, 03:48 PM

Thanks for your help.
1) It's too bad. Can I submit a feature request maybe? Or can I modify your hack for my forum only? But I suppose it's complicated? (I have no PHP knowledge.)
2) OK that was what I did but before asking I should've rebuild pst cache