The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-08-2007, 11:01 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

can do now moderators or specified group do entries too?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:33 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default cool

Fatal error: Call to undefined method GAL_admin_vb_db::query_write() in /home/.gooch/bgbg/gpfre/forum/geek/ gal /includes/gal_class_admin.php on line 752

This apear on several maintenance functions.

Checked all forums in the categories, all files uploaded, showthread is "Yes".
GAL apears in the test when editing in the frontend, but doesnt apear in the forums!

Last edited by ivan; 02-10-2007 at 06:49 AM..
Old 02-10-2007, 02:39 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yes, you can specify which usergroups can do what.

Ivan - are you using this on a 3.5x board?
Old 02-13-2007, 10:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

what about languages?

Can I use it for Hebrew?
Old 02-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I should be fine - however it is in beta and I cant guarantee that it will. I am testing some other special characters for potential problems now.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:43 PM

I have noticed one thing on a tester installation which I updated from beta 3 to beta 4, it seemed to reset the expirys of existing gal 's to a default, something like november 1999 which made them expired of course. Not an issue on a tester which only had a few but on a live install where there could be a much larger quantity may prove a pain if that was to happen.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Installed it, still can't get it to work
Clean install........ What am I wrong?
I uploaded all of the files & installed product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Gothic - make sure that the 'show on showthread pages' option in your settings is ticked and that each of your categories have all of your forums ticked.
'show on showthread pages' is mean 'Showthread pages' in 'Pages to run GAL '? Yes I ticked it.
And I ticked each of categories of forums.
Status is 'active'.
Auto link is 'Yes'.

I was changed domain.
Is this problem caused by domain mismatch?
How can I fix?

Last edited by Rainyleaves; 02-19-2007 at 02:04 PM..
Old 02-19-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
I have noticed one thing on a tester installation which I updated from beta 3 to beta 4, it seemed to reset the expirys of existing gal's to a default, something like november 1999 which made them expired of course. Not an issue on a tester which only had a few but on a live install where there could be a much larger quantity may prove a pain if that was to happen.
Thanks Nitro - please make sure it makes it into the tracker so I dont lose it.

Rainy: Sounds like you covered your bases with the key things that can cause GAL to not startup. Is this a site I can check out the settings for?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 AM

For when the final release? I try to install last version and give me an error on upload (is posted on Bug Tracker).
Old 03-03-2007, 05:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I tried upgrading to GAL from a older version and now nothing on my site works.

here is what apache is reporting:
[client 24.13.11.76] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/redtailboa/public_html/forums/geek/ gal /includes/gal_class_core.php on line 86

Any idea what is going on? I cant even get into admincp, so I can't import the latest poduct- gal . My whole site is hosed when I overwrite the files....

BTW I overwrote with the old version to get my site working again.