The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-15-2005, 06:58 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Question [unconfirmed]BBcode shows html in posts when GAL is activated

As soon as I enable GAL , all bbcodes are parsed wrongly. You can see the html markup behind the bbcode, instead of the normal text.

So when I make a text bold, I type [ b] text [ / b ] (without the xtra spaces of course). Without GAL you get to see this: text. With GAL enabled you see this: <b>text</b>.

That goes for all bbcode: the html code is shown.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:37 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

im scratching my head on this one. It isnt happening here and im not 100% sure how it could happen at all. Do you have a URL I can check out as an example?

Can anyone else confirm?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:24 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCB
As soon as I enable GAL , all bbcodes are parsed wrongly. You can see the html markup behind the bbcode, instead of the normal text.

So when I make a text bold, I type [ b] text [ / b ] (without the xtra spaces of course). Without GAL you get to see this: text. With GAL enabled you see this: <b>text</b>.

That goes for all bbcode: the html code is shown.
Isn't this a vB issue... As you're stating without GAL your BB code isn't being parsed properly too?

EDIT: Geek; why isn't GAL [above, and in this line] being autolinked?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:29 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I have the limit option to 1 so only 1 match per post is made. I found that with all my fun acronyms, damn near the entire post was one big popup
Old 09-15-2005, 11:30 AM

I think hes saying that without it on, it appears fine.

Once again, I cant duplicate. see-> gal
Old 09-15-2005, 12:46 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I have uninstalled it temporary, but will reinstall it again and post the link here so that you can see what the error (might) be.
Old 09-15-2005, 04:47 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleabag
Isn't this a vB issue... As you're stating without GAL your BB code isn't being parsed properly too?

EDIT: Geek; why isn't GAL [above, and in this line] being autolinked?
Hehe makes sense... Silly me.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:29 PM

Well, I have re-installed it, edited the templates, flushed and rebuild everything and now it seems to work again

Last edited by TCB; 09-15-2005 at 06:55 PM..
Old 09-15-2005, 06:50 PM

Have you made a URL a keyword? Anyway I can bob into your admincp for a better look?
Old 10-19-2005, 07:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Geek,

I just installed it on a site and had the same issue. I ended up removing it because I couldn't experiment too much with that site (it's a production site). I'll be trying it again on my 3.5 test site to see what happens.

Edit: OK, never mind... figured it out. It was a matter of interpretation as to what "replacement text" meant in the control panel. You may want to put a check in there to not take any action of that field is blank.

Free Fonts ~ Digital Photography Help

Last edited by KW802; 10-19-2005 at 07:31 PM..