The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-08-2007, 06:43 AM

GeekMart License Holder 
Default Paypal intergration?

So is there a way to make it so a user can input their paypal addy and it become a live button in their release so a user can donate to them if they want? I have been working on this idea for about a week now and have had no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-08-2007, 08:27 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

A simple custom module would suffice. Check out the references module in geek/gars/mods. The different folders in there represent the different stages of the life of a mod (i.e. display runs when showing the module [creating the paypal button], edit shows when editing/creating the thread [asking for paypal address], persist runs when saving the results of the edit/new thread [saving and verifying the paypal address])

HTHs!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:53 AM

GeekMart License Holder 

I will have a look see. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:59 AM

GeekMart License Holder 

Hmm this might be harder than I thought. That or my brain is tired. So i will have to add PHP to each reference file in the mode folders?
Old 01-08-2007, 06:46 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

No, just use some php/html to capture input in the edit stage, then save it in the persist stage and format it in the display stage. Its pretty easy as long as you are familiar with what is happening there - if not, its like trying to read greek I suppose
Old 01-08-2007, 07:14 PM

GeekMart License Holder 

Thanks Geek. I am not wanting to take up your time. So is there somewhere you could point me to get me headed in the right direction?

Thanks again.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:43 PM

Like I said, best place is just to modify the reference.php files found in the mods subfolders.

Sorry I cant be of further help