The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAL's like AME

I stumbled over a mod at .org earlier this week while trying to help a customer. It essentially scanned posts for youtube (and such) URL's to convert them to inline videos. I took a gander at it and saw how I could lift some of the code out of the up & coming GAL 6 to radically improve performance, reduce overhead and make the system far more versatile. So that's what I did the original author and I had a difference of opinions on the direction of the mod (I didn't want to support it, and I didn't want him doing certain things with what is essentially a preview of some of GAL 6's functions) so instead of tossing it away, I released it on .org (click here). Its a pretty groovy little mod and significantly faster and more lightweight than some of the other ones out there.

It provides me a great opportunity to start trialling some of the caching, bbcode routines and rebuilding functions that are in GAL 6. Let me know what you guys think.

nJoy
Closed Thread