The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-30-2006, 05:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Override vB's edit funtions

In the GARS settings you have the following option:
Ignore vB's edit time limit restriction for content

Is there any way you can add an option something like this:
Ignore vB's edit function so posters can edit posts

I have my registered users set up in the usergroup so they can not edit there own post. I can explain why but rather then make this long I will not. But I would like it so that if a user post anything in the GARS forum that it will override my vB settings so the users can edit the post.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I suppose I could. Post a request in the tracker so I dont lose it though!

Thanks
Old 07-02-2006, 01:48 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I suppose I could. Post a request in the tracker so I dont lose it though!

Thanks
I added it as an issue in the tracker. I saw no place to put it as a request. I hope that is fine.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

No prob. Ill look ino making a feature request tracker too.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 AM

Quote:
No prob. Ill look ino making a feature request tracker too.
That would be awsome
Old 07-29-2006, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attroll
In the GARS settings you have the following option:
Ignore vB's edit time limit restriction for content

Is there any way you can add an option something like this:
Ignore vB's edit function so posters can edit posts

I have my registered users set up in the usergroup so they can not edit there own post. I can explain why but rather then make this long I will not. But I would like it so that if a user post anything in the GARS forum that it will override my vB settings so the users can edit the post.
Has this been implemented yet or should I put this in the bug tracker?
Old 07-30-2006, 07:20 PM

It was in, however the setting applies to all posts so I closed it. In other words, it should already function that way.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
It was in, however the setting applies to all posts so I closed it. In other words, it should already function that way.
I hate to tell you this, but it does not already function this way as you stated in the previous post.

I just tested this theory.

I created a post on my forum as a registered user (I registered users set to a 15 minute edit period on their post).

I waited for 15 minutes after I posted and I was not allowed to edit on the posts.

This is why I would like to have the GARS override the vB options or at least be given the option to override the vB options.

Should I submit another ticket on this in the bug tracker?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:31 PM

Ill check back into the code once I can get it up and running. I set time aside to do this, but once I got to it, It looked fine.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Ill check back into the code once I can get it up and running. I set time aside to do this, but once I got to it, It looked fine.
I appreciate it. I have users now that would like to make corrections or additions to some of the articles that they have submitted but since I have set registered users to a 15 minute time limit for editing they can not do this. So what I am asking is please do not forget to look into this.