The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-23-2010, 01:43 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default How to get only 1 link per page?

Is it at all possible (even if I have to do a custom modification) to limit the number of links to linked words to only one per page?

Currently, if the same linked word appears in every post on a page, every post will contain a link. That's up to 15 links pointing to the same URL on a single page. This is bad for SEO.

Please, what can I do to limit this to only one link occurrence per term per page?

Other than this issue, I love this product. I have been using it for about a year. However, I think one of my main review pages just got hit by Google for over-optimization. I can't blame Google, though, since I have on some of my pages 10 to 15 links pointing to the same review page.

Please, help, if you can.

P.S. I use the version for vB 3.8.x

Last edited by JustaQuestion; 08-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: Version info added
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

If one link per page is not easy to implement, would it at all be possible to have one link per thread? How would I go about modifying my installation to achieve it?