The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-02-2006, 12:18 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default GARS files in Forum Directory

Why do I get hundreds of GARS files in my forum directory? I have a ton of files with names like geekzW9O6E and geekZNLsCV.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Got me, there is no reason why you should have anything like that in your forum directory, nor should the script even be able to create files there. What are the contents of the file? (open up in notepad)
Old 12-02-2006, 02:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Ready for this?

Code:
ÿØÿÃ* JFIF   d d  ÿì Ducky     2  ÿî Adobe dÀ   ÿÛ „ 



#"""#''''''''''		

!! !!''''''''''ÿÀ  x  " ÿÄ                            	    !1AQ"Ã’aq2³R“t%U‘#Æ’T’d”5Eð±b3£$D¡ÁBr‚¢²s4         !Q1Aaq‘"2#ÿÚ   ? æ2Ù|¬Yk裿¹DK‰•euUQ!Tä4Â¥Ã*g1ú…××Éæ¡æÃ*²?zŸæ5,µôÒÂÂ&Ã*1˜ýBçë¤óVã/˜ýBçë¤óR*(€vÓ¥ëè
Ž¾cõŸ®“Í^þ3—?¹úé<ÔŸ°Wª…
hõô	üc1ú…Ï×Iæ¢.S2ßæ#øÒy©tË*<ÍPя_@ë’Ëvä.~ºO5l2YOç®OñŸÍBT¢Ã…«Eô	=9,¯ó×\þjär¿ÏÝãÉæ¢ôÅhÑû(Âñô#oQWÈæGÁ‘¹þ™äóR’f3Å*t9¡üy<ÔûEì ´
ÇÄÕ7ép“æ3%Ä®ïëÉ椥ÍçPðÉÝo^O5U¹±…”4Ã¥Q$QÃ…HvTlü!wGvaõpð9;*{úòy¨mÎó;Ïïy¨áä=õ¦¸iÄT-diï,+g³ßª]ÿ x—ÍMásY©sxØ¥É]IÝ@®<…YLÅ*
[Ë*"¥²{)¬~}‹?ÚÃ*þjÔ-c+y.fOçY½Oó€”\Áüë#÷©¾cP£¯©U„t±…¹Ó*è5¢(ÔÓ¤,˜¨IÃ’Å¡Hô¼×±DòãÎŽ«ÙE Iª¥R¶TöÙLG	=”`VÀ„¢¬tÂÁÃZ*@N”*€W§*jaöU ¬6úÒ;’Œ^Ã*Ó¡â*©¶öVËg«Å*¬,§ƒ÷GÝ\½Ý®ŒYG~á_B¸²ýÑvW7qeŸT-`XÃ¥=FÓË°Òr!F:U~âÌ£rðì¤çµÜ»€åιïaS%°ÃŽ
=Ã*}¯@WöSxXtÃŽcö¸>bÔ-c<1ì̝ä~õ?ÃŒjq&baøÖGïS|Ã**"ËœWݪÇÁÔØqe5·Ã*QgÓö’‚5ý”ð,UŸ£ÞâÃ*Ã*òL¥±Èž¤S³+<š•Ø¼8E?HK
¼÷Y+ël|vÓ›Y
ÕÀ4mºq+[¿Z}Æ’	„ÇÃ*Å´ù[g‘®æÝß¡©fG‰ÜÝÄ|$Öö°¬#"ä2×95º»·–âKvØ$e%zjÛAÛÇPkâ€*Ü¿ô-Ðœ'Å’dt©ŒŒ§£.Öþ[	® C¿ÚÄä“‹q]ÀéÙ¥{eéÛkæ’,nVÒöXãiÅ¡(»m];—¼LAê¼z¯/Ëœ|ý•Í’ÛÛLÖó°ÁÃ*"1) 0/ËC®”µâ€*zÃ*ß?Ë®ir¡Ã*»’+²ÂÚsM5~-»€×…/÷óÌ=4ÚÇ`$¾Å*Ã*Ež(ÃŽA¤èåµ"Yß—²‹ø,YÁ}y’´´Å*á"3¹MY«¨ãðÖ–þ¥ÃÏêûl³˜°‹W·‚A o‘I‘–2Nd/ÃÙ[[z§¸\}Å’yÑ‹¹â€*IÚa&>[°Ã*ò»¨ÀëΖÜü¿Á¶Ðf/OI3Ù-µÄSC{Õ0Î…Å*~ëâ:éÇSÀiK\ã¾Ëh÷SÈ£mËYªqÜÒ&»Ë*áËÂkX=Qm…ôµÕŽ>c>J9eL;ô\oI\~÷RºGñ3hÄW¹ìµ§¨²øë|b·Ù*KݢQÓþbb<>5]JÃ*æ8qÂ¥\¼äWZā·²k›˜*”…2²¢“ËV:qÒ¨KÆ’Å¡ÃŽ{¸®GØâÃœttԍS‡xÒ½·1ÙÝÛÝNJC¨ò6㏻A'EžT«ú¦Å’>~Öõ™žynãÂÜä&KyÃ¥gŽ&Ñ|;x|ZvwRò]ö)Vœ¸)®*²=ÃŒ1]^£=¥«@«¼Ã*ê‘¥Åý¬÷&þÒÜ[ûdsI¡ƒk2·Ñ¦´ãf}>nñ¼µËÛ^â`h^袔d%v©—QǏ3ÛÙQ¡ÉÛœª'Èî‚ãÔ¾ËÃ*rw4Ã…c%A øªNÃŒgJw9›¨£&E…ÖU™D±Q¶5SÚ*\‘óp<뢏"¶ETÚ4=ô„ÖŒ	áS³9ZËHæ¦]¬Fœ?;Ã*ðÿ ªƒæ-9wdۏ³lÃ1Ž:rº‡æ-JÌϱ;0Žsy ÿ õOó¼Å*	%<©Œ¬ñ®o#¯óSøF‚öOezzÖб¡fÀÇipOÃUm,n:cÃC‡%lÄ*½¦NÔÃ*4aÝEîЏ Ã*˸?OÅߨˑÙY“R9H2v¼<Bª[ä*u!R¶ìþz›ƒ·Â)G‹ž U|iÃ…!U'¸S–ùn*£
õ¹ ¶¹/kOñ%©:<"•X@SÃŒh8ѧ`}Û©Ó—Vú߇Ë*q¦úÛé
…*m…©0H ÐrDÃË*Éd‰Cv‘Vý·Ò¯~ßmô…MÚÚ+©±r0Ú˨<ëØ°©´+B»AÃ*«m·úB¶[È9n¤n@«]Iá!ŸC$
Ì¿	 R·8U‘v4@¨øFÆ’â€*•ÑµÜ|T´·¶ü|TŒÕu9)ðïÇÃò¦Ïâ€*}u]t÷¶ü|BšúÛé
FMªÉÈÜá˜èvÐ,0ì™+7ÛðÏýŽ+¦¹¾¶
8÷Ò–·ÖæúØ™£ú‘À6֏f5üo%÷¹þkP”yvS¹ES݃küÜÿ 5«hõÔj¤NÏ,MKU,œ”aÃœ{©~Å¡>Ã*rÐ*¸Å’)·TW#±9_²ÜÜCm&uûLBõÔÄ
4«žœÉcq9(²YY
Cj,j˜¼HD´âyžÏÏÈ•lÒ––U6I¼Ã*n¬rö¸iî"Y¯Å¡5m„®º§-wxkÖI-Ã*È\O"¢c¦Ã’N¯#6ÐAÃ*ûÖ¸Œ¦"ÂæÙ%°Ìc/Œö–“u&i"vêHzáv€Y¾{)ü÷«½5˜Ëbmm'eÇ-ÐÉfäéJ£©h‘Ã*ËÓ÷Úvê9WÃ*|ü-˯‚û(»–26·8j×.¿óGhÚO…´Sµ¸{h÷V“Y*ñ–tÒÁcyô'”ƒUÓQ\õï®09¬vNãšÂat—vMÔœNêv›Pôµ4Ñ´*nóÕ~“ÈMê®2o®J;XÃ*¸Ó·û¥mþ¼ϐ/–Ø•Üm•Ô§ŒŽ\¤Ý()Û½™õÐ(Ó»ßL[@ÓÝ]ZR7³Üeg$(§]ÇZç“Ôþ›Åc¯c³–l³OÒ‚ãYmãÓÃ*áÝ ^>Ú£¬½;ø¬ÙV»k7»°	po4¦T ÛcÑü=ÃœÞ|i-|ô5h¡KEx*ºÍkö{Ëœfâ€*ñ] Å¡6܍°jÚÆ’û³Ã"îÜ˸òÕuÔkýWúxdp³K~÷ÒØ¥ÂÝd’Ökx¶ºª-‚ž:éðŽÃ*ÃŒ6wÒ˜»¸eµÃ*½Ô;æ’y
¼éÓÞÑ´¦*Äö
FÂêÅ*÷rÅ“9.%ÞQ¡…÷0?Ã*}%5ÐÐñ©w[„ðËmr’,Žb…lТ>¤³9¸ ãB¹˜t©ÙÁ>LtqvmLšðwÒ÷±52YIbIØ–á‹ÛåPî4¶:üÂ¥Å*î<naûÖ£_Ü“#ÙÀP±2“šÇÃ*P|Ã… Ù·	eÜ®s%§ósüÃ**BË¥{™ÿ É}îšÔ5ëëlõazÃŒ@nî¶Kâ€*¾Ú½‡x5NT¶º¹
Ñt=Ã*Ž%Ãœ4n>Ã*‹o7M¸žŸ»¾¨£kÄqÃ*®kÜÃÈÃ*vꇑ¦#dԝƒSÏ…"ËÛÃ*˜¹W5ìiöPMŒ¡J
 i”Ž41©êJ'älÚæ»ð2~G`HP±¨Ó–‚™	üq«kÏQIF㾎²Žúƒ»ÈÒGn€…‰G¸
ö8Ã*•ü1(ÔñÐ
XL½õ‹88öð©6mÞJÃ…m—Ž%FÓ˜ T‰æ'Q*P¸›÷gÝPå}õ+XlÃ’soè©ò¾Ôg=”ÌŽðåSr¨%<¾/x¤‘påœûõ5î!¿;Ã*ý꘵¬Œ¼G}oË*ÛøÞ7ïP|Ã… ÍÞ³'óÌ—Þçù*Jâ„¢6Ž\ô›sy0?›œÄj¼žÚõ*ÿ Ÿ‚dk«ßÄvÅ*¡ŒµKÕº–bV(yYyŸÃ…. üR:Ž\ª.óV0·‘GJÃ*gØ·ÖÛ#ë¢É‰sº}.—Oÿ V¼ªwä}µâ쬍ÖW'Õ6°I¼vöî±¼“H‡ïd
ª±’NÖì UmñSÃ}sa,Âk$ºM·©â€*êSH+¨YKP;*V+'kµÅâ€*BÝ®,®Z9E Å*D–-ê’Ã*ì’/Ã#R¼uæ)â„¢3–i
ݝ…‡BÞâÑlÔ¼æ,·0Þçpƒ{ŽÞCA§w{ÚÙêw/O\=ÍÄk$6ê“›h¾Ó2ƒ$ é«mÐé¸q:¯:öë%µœy v[bw–VY¤×XâúZ'N]ºR
ê»+©¦lâ€*8ÃœB×R^ÛB³ôö<Â4‘$nݕF¯ ÷F—ÕFþÅq÷“PDz:C4lÇ«Ã*H®C/o
…*`~JV¸ynqö×°My¦¸ŽXä`«[¢JÎç°
ÿ ü{M
ê	lž%wIb:MÞ’&Â¥uAÿ ‰HÐñ c}AÅ*XËjgE’vb%ØW1Ç‘é±´`aVVׇh:ЯrÑÜe³Ë*ÛAf;tfê?Ã*Ò–wځ˜»sÚ8vTml™ºÇRûár©*ÑM*L–²Ãâ€*‘'•XÅ*÷øO.êå¬ÖQ,æhg„¹žÞÀÔ«ÃœyÃ*nû5Ž±â€*KË䕔o`¼Õ%yÅ’&IKlh£é®æXñç¥D¼ÍZKj,ìmM¬&^¼Áåê±}6(VØ»Txq÷Ôm`7UÑ–ß/FÚuº…b–<òHûV"ÃŽQT…Ôêtå¥$-o?â„¢ `Uºš`ßDâ€*Z~¢µ{(ln¬ÞX–â€*b“Ëtäybd=7ØW¨á¹ë¯e'6eeÃ*Ç‘–R3¥²»
#…V(×xÐëµGÛÙRµ¤ßž¾Nâ€*âÒDŽå:ÑÌ"Ë*Heüƒê+ ÀêÚhÕI^`gKÉÃ*"º·Ç/ÙâšY‰¥Ðpæ
uÐÓZä}Poâš.‹‘-¨µÍ(’nEqºIB&ÿ ÷[tÐsÃ*¬“×Û®â;ËœißJÚñ &gTI:â€*8üQž˜ÑtqñvÒþGÿ ?$›xL—Ÿ‡K¬wRïÅ*å¤ã]Ë*ßù˜m®ZiÝØ’uæxwÿ MTÇåÀÏ&fÃ*À6’5èY‹I2DÆ’RIÝ(QÄòã\ô’ö§}+p+Á쳞ú6Rs˜Á¯ý\1js¹4Ö
¿>Åýîßæ* ¨o7â€*ÍK™ÈË:éã{©™`«)‘´e!t Ã’Cžý.ïû¼¾ZÃ*Ã*ô|.¸“a‚Îþ™wõyhÆ’›ãùe߸Á'–²²‘ïðW	'hÃ*]sæ`”h?«Fü88>2ëØÂ	<µ••+I7ÛF6èþ‰<µ²á³cü¶èO-eeFò.&/:¿å×_Q'–Œ1ù¿Ó®¾¢O-eesÚ@Ã*Ãœcó_¦]{s'–¶ü?7ٍ¹À“ËYYP´›~Å“nxû¯©“Ë[Çâ€*Ìë©°¹ødòÖVTٍå´ËD…bÇ]3wô$Ó_êÔ‰q9éX³ã®Éì	<µ•”€-…ÎXÛ¾‡ÙäòÐ_	Å“?å—Q'–²²ƒŽÃ*ý2ïê%òÓX\.j,Ö:Yq×I]@ÃŽÃ*UDÅ*K1+ ²²¶Q'ÿÙ
Old 12-02-2006, 06:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

me too, the last created file was on 31.10.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The Geek thing HAS to be a coincidence. I cant for the life of me see how any of my scripts would produce that, let alone in the root directory where no scripts should have write access. The only thing I can make out in the headers are adobe?!?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:31 PM

I get it 2 of my 3 forums running GARS. The 2 are on the same server. The third is on a separate one. I'll check with my host. See if they can help.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

After I deleted this files 2 days before there's no one coming more, maybe it was an issue with an older gars version.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:47 AM

This is tied into the Link Directory addon.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:26 AM

Its actually a bug in versions of gars less than 2.1.2 that the link directory and the custom field (images) can trigger. It should be fixed now