The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

ive already done those...

Here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vb-admin-2.jpg (46.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg vb-admin-1.jpg (96.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

That looks fine, though you might want to place something in the Content box for a pop-up. What do you have set on the ACP -> GAL -> Categories page?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 PM

Here are the screen shots for the "Categories" options
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vb-admin-3.jpg (50.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg vb-admin-4.jpg (75.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please do the following...
Quote:
Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each category, make sure all 'Forums' are checked and all 'Usergroups exempt from category' are unchecked.
And if you want pop-ups like on this site, change gal_link_standard to gal_link_popup and change gal_content_basic to gal_content_popup_rounded.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-11-2008, 05:50 PM

hmmmm.. It doesnt seem like it wants to work for me.

Here is the new screen shot: I did what you said and rebuilt the caches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vb-admin-5.jpg (74.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-11-2008, 06:42 PM

I forgot to say that it is still not working
Old 06-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Change gal_link_standard to gal_link_popup and change gal_content_basic to gal_content_popup_rounded, and please triple check the following.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each category, make sure all 'Forums' are checked and all 'Usergroups exempt from category' are unchecked.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each dictionary, make sure all 'Usergroups that can view entries' are checked.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Permissions, and for each usergroup and each dictionary, set the permissions as you prefer.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Display, and for each keyword, make sure all 'Auto-link' are checked and the status is active.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Maintenance, and run the two 'Cache' options.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:23 PM

for the permissions part....Those are just to allow the users to submit Texts to be AUto Linked, right? So I can set the permissions to "NO" for everyone on everything except for Admins?

THanks
Nmia

Ps. I have changed all the permissions of all usergroups similar to the attachment. except for the admin usergroupo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vb-admin-6.jpg (97.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Administrator

That looks okay, from here though I cannot tell what is wrong, ATM I think it is a setting somewhere, but without viewing your ACP I cannot tell for sure. PM me admin level ACP access if you want me to investigate, but please note that this site is going down very soon for upgrades.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:39 PM

i just PMed you the info. Thanks