The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-06-2006, 08:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Exclamation Linking Billboards?

I have custom layout on a site I'm doing ads for, in the site I have as part of my header graphic an area setup for ads to rotate though.

My question is what code to I put so that any ads linked to a specific billboard will only rotate randomly through that image or link space?

it looks like you have code for seperate ads aka $GAB_ads[0] $GAB_ads[2] etc etc.

what I would like is to be able to put put something like this in my vbadavned home page header or other pages...

Example: $GAB_billboard[1]

And have all ads in that group show up either randomly or by group of ads aka maybe in billboard group have $GAB_ads[0] $GAB_ads[2] $GAB_ads[7] $GAB_ads[10] etc

Then on the same page say vbadvanced cmps have another billboard, that might be a tower ad, and make that a block or something . example $GAB_billboard[2] etc,

My question is if you can do this how? if you can't can you please add something like this to simplify how we ad ads to pages, cause right now, doing the install for the script is great, looks like you've added lots of cool stuff, but when it comes to intergating the ads into my site layouts my mind goes blank ..

I'd like to buy bulk licences of this script once I understand how it works for my 25 vbulletin clients .. but at the moment the instructions are a bit confusing ..
Old 03-07-2006, 11:20 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I've been waiting a few days now I was wondering if it's possible to get info on how this setup. I have client waiting, and deadline was yesterday
Old 03-08-2006, 09:44 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sorry, I have been out of town though I guess it was kind of buried in my announcement

Im not sure if I am following you 100%

Would putting your images in seperate categories and then setting the billboard to pull from specific categories be what youre after?
Old 03-09-2006, 02:33 AM

I want to be able to know what code I need to put in my layout on page that pulls the ads to that location on the forums.

I'm unclear how I do that. It seems with how you have things setup that you can pull 1 add to a location or page if you type $GAB_ads[0] +

but what code do you type if you want to pull a group of ads to one location rotating one at a time. This is what I'm un clear about.

most ad scripts I've worked with you would have zone (billboard) and you could put your zone code on a page or location and any ads in that zone would load on the page.

When I think billboard, I think of a digital screen on the highway, that can show 1 ad at a a time or if its digital show one ad at a time one after another randomly or by rank or weight. with your setup I don't know how to setup the poles in the gold in the location of my web site so to speak where that bill board shows up.

aka I want to be able have a highway of billboards with groups of ads specific to each billboard.

Example: maybe having a Abavanced CMPS advertising blow on the site that has one link it it for say a group of tower ads, while another billboard on the site page or say in arcade or other might have banner ads of another size, running through the billboard on it.

Your system says it has billboards but you don't explain how you link those billboards on a page. it does explain more or less that you can do single ads. does that help or am I rambling?

Basically I need a ad script that can have ads assigned to groups various groups (billboards/zones) based on the size of the ad, and have the ads rotate one after antoher. I need to know what code from your system I can put on a website for ads to show up on that specific location of the site.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:14 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Pixel, and having the billboard ads limit themselves to categories doesnt accomplish what youre after? Maybe we should hook up via IM. Im pretty sure it does exactly what youre after.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:56 AM

I worked out part of it, although I need to test a bit more, I'll try and work out the rest first then get back to you on any bugs .. thanks for your support.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:03 PM

Let me know.

And thanks for yours!