The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-25-2007, 01:59 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 
Default testing out geekmart before going live... paypal sandbox question

paypal's sandbox... how does this work then in testing it? I want to mess around by paying for items etc. and testing out the notification system before I go live.

Anyone messed around with this before? I set everything else up just fine.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Currently I am testing and working on double checking the sandbox feature of GM. There are a few more issues to handle as well but I might move the sandbox feature to the top of the list to ensure its overall 100% use.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Thumbs up Cat out of the bag?

Hey there!

Mythotical, are you our new best friend?

I'd be tempted to ask something about the semi-mythical potential new dev that Geek's been mentioning, but the punnage would be a bit too much like shooting fish in a barrel, so I'l avoid any such reference .

Anyway, on the off chance that you are, we'd like to toss a few into the hat as well:
  1. Ability to List Items based on previous items purchased. Specifically, it'd be just plain awesome to be able to use the system to offer "Upgrades" based on what has been purchased previously, if that makes sense? We're looking at using it for member support levels, with differing tiers of support and a supporter badge in the postbit. Problem is handling promotion from tier 1 to tier 2 or tier 3. I can see lots of other uses for the functionality though.
  2. Support for Google Checkout (given that they are charging zero fees for the immediate future )
  3. Postage system cleanup obviously. Perhaps integration with UPS/Fedex? ::hopeful look::
  4. Not sure about needing to capture shipping info in system, or if that's better handled on the processor end. It might be nice if we got that info without relying on paypal/other processer to send it to us though?
The Membership module is really a wonderful gem in this system, it's got tremendous potential for a vB based site.

As an aside, do you mind if we post over on vB.org about GeekMart 's apparent revival? I know there were several threads over there looking for something like GM... The more GM users the merrier eh?

James and Susan
Old 02-25-2007, 09:13 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Tigratrus,

Thank you for your vote of confidence but alas I am not at liberty to speak about behind the scenes stuff at this time. Until The Geek returns its best I just leave speculations alone until he returns. At this time though, I can state that GeekMart is under heavy analysis and code optimizing.

As well, I am not stating GeekMart 's revival but stating it is under analysis at this time, what others post on another site is just that, another site. I cannot verify any details at this time.

Speaking on your suggestions, thank you but at this time our concern is GeekMart 's primary functions, hopefully in the future we will be able to add features such as you suggested.

For now I'm staying hush hush until The Geek returns, I don't want to step on any toes nor do I want to get into any trouble.

Cheers
Steve

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 02-25-2007, 09:47 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

::laughter::

No problem... Sorry to put you on the spot that way, Susan and I are just a bit too enthusiastic sometimes . We've been very happy with Geekmart as it stands so far, just thought it might be a good idea to slip some suggestions in early on.

Totally understand your position, and honestly not trying to get you to commit to anything... Give a shout if you have anything you'd like tested, we're good at bug finding, not so good at *fixing* 'em mind you, but good at finding them.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification, we look forward to the future... Whatever it may bring .

James and Susan
Old 02-27-2007, 04:19 AM

lol ... I was eager to read my thread as I see that there were several replies, but I came into find it was hijacked lol . Anyone know about the sandbox thing?

Or should I just bring it live and hope that it works out?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:14 AM

Default Heh. Sorry for the hijack!

I haven't been able to get the sandbox to work either. Seems to work on live, but Paypal won't let me order from myself with my own paypal account . I could order using a credit card, but what I really want to test is shipping info. I'll try and do some more testing tomorrow.

James and Susan
Old 02-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Yah, I think I'm going to have my brother by some test 1 cent items (without using the sandbox)

I'll post back my results, but I expect it to work just fine.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:47 AM

Perfect, you guys just helped me narrow down the area of sandbox to check out and see what the problem is.

Not necessarily hijacked as we did stick on topic, it was still about GeekMart ... LOL

Hopefully within the week I will have some things with it working properly.

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 PM

I can confirm that Mythotical is breathing some new life back into GM however this is still early days, we need to blow the dust off the project to see exactly where it stands now so we know how best to move forward. Ill announce more info when the time comes.

In the meantime, your suggestions are more than welcome although for the most part GM is feature set right now as our goal is to stabalize and release so we can then stand back and prepare properly for version 2 instead of having it linger in dev hell for another year while it is rewritten

HTHs!