The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-22-2006, 11:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Problem with the module from the Tutorial 101

I'm trying to follow along with the GARS Tutorial 101, and seem to be hitting a basic problem. I used the code provided in a test .php, registered the module, added the module to the module set (which is already applied to a GARS enabled forum). When I do this, on the forumdisplay I get a blank page. When I remove this module from the set it loads the page properly. Note that I am adding this module to the default review set.

I'm just using the listed code, do I need to do anything else? Sorry, the Tutorial doesn't go into much depth on this. Can I leave the variable as the custom1 below?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Code:
<?php
if ($stage == "edit")
{
$output .= "Rating: <SELECT name=\"custom1[my_rating]\">
<OPTION value=\"G\">G - General Audiences</OPTION>
<OPTION value=\"PG\">PG - Parental Guidance</OPTION>
<OPTION value=\"PG13\">PG13 - Children under 13 are too cute for this movie</OPTION>
<OPTION value=\"R\">R - Under 17's not admitted without parents</OPTION>
<OPTION value=\"X\">X - It marks the spot</OPTION>
</SELECT>";
}
elseif($stage == "persist")
{
$my_rating = $this->vb->GPC['custom1']['my_rating'];
$values['my_rating'] = $my_rating;
}
elseif($stage == "display")
{
$title = "Rating";
$bits = "<tr><td class=\"alt1\" align=\"center\">" . $values['my_rating'] . "</td></tr>";
eval('$output.="' . fetch_template('GARS_mod_container') . '";');
}

?>
Old 03-23-2006, 05:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

huh. I just copied that code, pasted it into a test .php file. Registered and added it to my default review set (on forumdisplay AND showthread) and it works on this end.

Could be a bad upload of the php file as i've seen that happen before.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek

Could be a bad upload of the php file as i've seen that happen before.
Same thing here too. I hope it is just a bad upload. I will keep trying, but I wonder what would cause this. I feel like I must have missed a step, but I did what #1 did exactly.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:59 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyman
Same thing here too. I hope it is just a bad upload. I will keep trying, but I wonder what would cause this. I feel like I must have missed a step, but I did what #1 did exactly.
I know it wasn't an upload problem for me since I created the file in notepad on the server. I haven't tried this again but I will go back and give it another shot in case I screwed something up.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:37 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

It worked. I did it in Macromedia, then uploaded it and it worked. I wonder if it has to do with the permissions? Good luck.