The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-21-2006, 02:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Need some code .. . cant' do it myself .. .

have tryed a lot of ways to do this but cant' get it to work .

probaly need to do a data base queri and get the information . one should work to get both pieces of information ?

no being able to do it myself , maby some on here can ( $10 donation 1st working - paypal ) , or will ask someplace else , worse possability - find some one who will do it and have to pay them .

what i need to do is:
( will be used in the GARs )

when a post is displayed as an article , tutorial , what ever ,
have a way for the "original poster" and "original poster and a field set" to be identifyed in the post templets - GAR_pb , GAR_comment .

in a gars file would be great but in the header include templet works . if this script = showthread <- think its something like this . and it wont' be done on every file .

how it will be used:

one of 2 or 3 ways - i think need just to know and the rest will be done using vBs' permissives .

the first post uses GAR_pd and is the original poster . all other posts use the GAR_comment .

editing the Gar_comment to have 2 different ways of displaying it , an enhanced version for the original poster , adding the avatar , information , or just maby a icon in the posts they make to identify them as the one who did the article or .. . .

their field reply for a set field - combined with it to remove selected items form their post bit when set Yes?? or No?? ( reply buttons ect )

1:
if ( $post[userid] of $post[postid] = $post[1] ) <- using vBs $post[postcount]

-> use this

else / -> use this
/if

2: know it can be over ridden if someone knows and how to use reply links -> they also can be tossed of the board too .

if ( $post[userid] of $post[postid] = post[1] and ( $post[userid]fieldset[##] ) = Yes??

-> Quote , post buttons

else / -> No reply button or .. .
/if

thanks or if there is a way you know this will work
Old 02-21-2006, 03:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

can I just clarify a point?

You want to show postbit #1 if the viewing user field=some value. If not, then show postbit #2?

Is that it in a nutshell? If do, that would be a pretty easy module to make.
Old 02-21-2006, 04:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

explaned better i hope below :

to your question : if the Author of the first post has something set .

one way :

if the original poster is posting to use one templet or have something to denote him/her as the author -

they wrote it and if its questions would be the one to answer it - postbit differance would give them more reckanize as the author .

Main templet
- comment
- comment
= question
- answer from member will use the normal comment templet
- the answer from the author will use an enhanced templet .

both templets can be in the same comment templet : the if is author, or else .

with the fields set - was planing on a blog/ journal type set up - where if the field set is yes it will allow replys, if not would not . they could switch it on / off with their choice .

other wise :
simple editing to remove the buttons in the comment and main templet when the choose to let people respond .

and show thread - comment buttons will be removed .

id be happy with it anyway, just cant' figer it out or where to get the permissives .

if only one kewl - just thought of reconizing the author more -

and

and another on/ off type to let them control the post no post of the Blog/ journal .

this program could let a person build, do most anything with posts -- a little thinking and its possable .

if i get it to work will need a gars for a friends web site so he can use it too .. .
will post the mode here .