The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-17-2008, 06:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Feature requests: points and personalization

(I was looking for the Project Tools to post these feature requests but couldn't find it in the navbar and the link to it in another post didn't work.)

As it stands now it looks like I'll buy GeekMart when it's ready because I really want an integrated store that can sell both physical products and digital downloads. However, I was wondering if one of those "points mods" could be used to allow members to purchase or get a discount on items with their points?
Also (forgive me if this feature already exists, I'm not familiar with the program) can we add fields for personalization of items?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Doubtful that points will make it into the forthcoming release but maybe a future release.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-19-2008, 05:46 AM

Ok, thank you for considering it What about personalization, is that supported?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you are selling shirts and need to know the size for example, then you would add items under the main product, i.e., product would be shirt and items would be small shirt, medium shirt, large shirt. See here for an example: GARS is the product with three possible items for purchase.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-20-2008, 10:05 PM

Thank you for trying to answer my question, Morgan, but what I'm looking to do is offer personalized buttons with the member's name on them. Could a text input box be added? Failing that, is there any way for customers to add comments before submitting the order?

Last edited by MichelleB; 09-20-2008 at 10:07 PM..
Old 09-21-2008, 04:34 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Morgan,

I second this request as well as often there is some additional information I want to gather when someone orders from Geekmart and there aren't any custom field options for gathering additional info. For example I might want to gather the VIN# of their car to check it and make sure the part will work correctly for their car, etc.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Administrator

I'll see what I can do but if it is going to significantly delay the next release then it'll have to wait until a future release.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:52 PM

Thanks for answering, even if it has to wait for a later release
Old 09-28-2008, 05:11 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I'll see what I can do but if it is going to significantly delay the next release then it'll have to wait until a future release.
I wouldn't want you to delay the next release any more than it already has been! Seriously though, if it is a pain save it for later, if it isn't hard to add in a custom field then please do. Thanks in advance!