The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-07-2005, 09:01 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Some Suggestions.

Okay I just got done installing this and it is lookingg great, I've been able to fiddle around with some extra modules which is a huge plus. However I have a few suggestions concerning modules.

1) Can you add a "top" position, outside of the table below the thread toolbar for the SHOWTHREAD modules.

2) Please add options to move a module inside of the type to a different position as well as display orders for all modules.

3) Allow and option to add user ratings as the user comments, i.e put the rating alongside the quickreply or newreply as well as an option to only let users make one post/rating per article/review/tutorial.

Thanks for listening and for the great vB product.

P.S I'll probably be adding to this as I get more experience with your product.

Last edited by InfiniteWebby; 10-07-2005 at 09:10 AM..
Old 10-07-2005, 09:08 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Excellent!

You shouldnt have a problem adding a top module in your Showthread section. You may want to tweak the layout somewhat though as it was really intended as a sidebar.

I am currently re-thinking the module configuration methods altogether. I think its counter-intutive for new users. And yes, I agree its annoying that the positions cant be moved.

Thanks for the feedback and Thanks for Shopping Geek
Old 10-07-2005, 09:11 AM

I added a third already. =P
Old 10-08-2005, 12:03 AM

I don't know if you realised it or not but if you hard delete a thread that you are using with GARS it doesn't delete the linked database rows in the gars table.

Also if you select "do not show byline" in the types setup it still asks for a byline and shows it.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:43 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

yea, both are known issues. I'm looking at those as finishing touches in RC mode. I'm currently reworking the admincp UI for easier, more intuitive management.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:46 AM

Umm, does the cache templates feature in the modules section work? Because I am getting unchached templates everywhere.

Oh and I can finally say with full confidence that your system rocks! I was able to get my reviews set out EXACTLY how I wanted it to look. =)

Thank you heaps. *hug*

Now just onto the tutorials part of the forums. -__-