The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 AM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Installation problem: GAB 2.0.2 and VB 3.6.8

I just bought GAB 2.0.2 for installation on VB 3.6.8. I'm following the instructions in the readme.html file, but have run into a problem.

Here's what I've done so far...

* I've copied the folders to my server.

* I've imported the product- gab .xml file, via the ACP.

* I've chmod'ed the /geek/ gab /images directory to 777.

* I can see GAB config settings in the ACP under: "Plugins & Products -> Manage Products" as well as under "Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager."

However, I'm unable to take the following step as instructed in the readme file:

"After a fresh installation, make sure you save your MASTER script (AdminCP -> GAB Manager -> Scripts -> MASTER -> Save)".

As far as I can see, there is no AdminCP -> GAB Manager menu option. I'm assuming that the GAB Manager menu should be visible on the left sidebar when I'm logged in to the AdminCP?

Is this correct, or what am I overlooking? Once I figure out where the "AdminCP -> GAB Manager..." menu is, I can proceed to configure the settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

~ Quickdraw
Old 04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Go to the ACP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions -> Edit Permissions -> Can Administer GAB -> Yes and then afterwards refresh your ACP page, e.g., hit CTRL-F5, and the side menu should show.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 04-30-2008, 02:52 PM

That worked. The GAB Manager now shows on the side menu (thanks).

The problem I've run into now is that all the links in the GAB side menu display my forum's home page, rather than any admin screens for configuring any settings.

How to troubleshoot? TIA.

~ Quickdraw
Old 04-30-2008, 03:29 PM

Default Latest problem fixed

I'm posting this to help others who might make the same mistake in the future...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
The problem I've run into now is that all the links in the GAB side menu display my forum's home page, rather than any admin screens for configuring any settings.
The above problem was caused by uploading GAB_admin.php to the wrong folder. I had renamed the admincp folder but uploaded to the original, which still existed.

~ Quickdraw