The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-12-2006, 09:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

As an interim measure, you can edit geek/gars/includes/gars_functions_image.php and delete:

PHP Code:
     if (!$vbulletin->options['gdversion'])
     {
         return;
     } 
Old 07-12-2006, 09:49 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Thanks, the Geek!

Just wona let you know, image resize start working after this workaround. But they looks kreapy and lost colors...
Old 07-12-2006, 09:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

whats your GD version?

The problem was that from 3.6, the GD setting wasnt stored the same way.
GARS used to just check if GD was set (using the old setting). If it wasnt it would exit out of the resizing system.
Since the setting is no longer valid, it was skipping out of the resize altogether. The actual shrinking code has nothing to do with vB.

BTW: I have released RC 1.6 which has this support built in AND also has a GARS_pb template tweak for 3.6 layout problems.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:01 PM

Quote:
whats your GD version?
The latest and gratest.

Quote:
BTW: I have released RC 1.6 which has this support built in AND also has a GARS_pb template tweak for 3.6 layout problems.
I'll try this out first. I let you now.

Thanks!

-----

BTW, avatars and attachments resizing works OK.

Last edited by Ig@r; 07-12-2006 at 10:12 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I have released RC 1.6 which has this support built in AND also has a GARS_pb template tweak for 3.6 layout problems.
Resize did work, but not the layout problem :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (11.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-13-2006, 05:46 AM

After upgrading

1. Resize do NOT work.
2. Layout still the same.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:16 AM

REsize works here and layouts working here. Make sure you reimported the xml product and replaced your physical files.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:42 AM

edit: never mind

Last edited by utw-Mephisto; 07-13-2006 at 01:19 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 10:11 AM

I was just coming on here to mention that I have re-uploaded the product-xml as I found out what the problem was.

I would strongly suggest that you avoid pre-release software if you want to avoid problems. To imply that I don't test the software myself kind of pisses me off. I have stated 1000 times now that I'm not supporting vb3.6 yet however you continue to complain that it doesn't work to your satisfaction on 3.6 I have only made some minor adjustments to try and help and now I'm really regretting putting forth any effort on the issue. You are using pre-release software ON pre-release software. EXPECT ISSUES.

In fact, I will state clearly now that 3.6 will NOT be looked at until it hits gold or until I make an announcement that I will be supporting 3.6 with GARS. I tried to support those prematurely installing pre-release stuff, but I see now that trying to please everyone means you seldom please anyone.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:20 PM

Sorry I did not want to piss you off .... I apologize ... I had a bad day myself and did not want to come on to you ...

Last edited by utw-Mephisto; 07-13-2006 at 01:24 PM..