The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-23-2006, 08:38 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default Featured/Latest/Top Active/Top Read Tutorials showing wrong thing

I have three GARS forums set up, one each for reviews, articles and tutorials. It's probably something i'm doing (or not doing) and not a GARS problem really, but it's bugging me

In my tutorials area, where it lists Top Read, Top Active, Latest and Featured tutorials, it's showing the featured article and not the tutorial. Is there a setting I need to look at to change it to show the tutorial and not the article?

(Does that make sense, it's hard to explain LOL - the url for the tutorial forum is HERE and the Articles one HERE - just in case a visual will make it clearer)

It's also not updating the latest article, but leaving the first one posted as the latest, regardless of any new ones that go up.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Try creating a module set for each type (just use the copy function of your module set). THen edit each type and apply them accordingly.

The problem is that right now, your articles and tutorials are both sharing the same set of modules with the same settings
Old 01-25-2006, 03:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

great, thanks
Old 05-21-2006, 10:11 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I have a similar issue, but couldn't get it to work.
I copied the "default module set", but have no idea what to do after that. What exactly do you mean with edit types?

Furthermore, i have three forums (written tutorials, video tutorials, commercial tutorials) and it would be nice if "latest tutorials" shows the new tutorials from all three forums. Would this be possible?
Old 05-21-2006, 07:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You can edit the settings of each module to specify that they pull from all modules of the same type OR by selecting specific forums.

What I meant above about editing the types was so that you could set the types module set to point to the copy

HTH's
Old 05-22-2006, 08:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Thanks, working like a charm now.

Also noticed that the caching method played a role. Edit\new thread doesn't seem to take in regard when threads are removed. In the end i've chosen not to cache it because of this.