The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-07-2006, 05:23 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 
Default Attachment Module... adding a basic static link after the attached files

I'm going to be putting these music files onto my site, but they're specialized enough, to where an average internet user won't know what they are.

So, I'm already going to be changing the attachment module to "Music" ---(thanks from the help other people offered).

And what I'd like to do then, is have the music file attached and then right beneath that have a static link that says "What's this?" and have that be linked to a page I'll create that talks about what the type of music file it is.

Can this be done by just adding a static link inside the template that the attachment's module is drawn from? like... just somewhere in the code place the static link I'd like to have?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-08-2006, 09:17 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hmmm. Thats sounding a bit more complex. More of an attachment hack then anything else (i.e. attachment descriptions that can take a URL).

I think a module could get messy with that, however it does depend on how it would be used. hmmm.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:08 PM

Well I'm just seeing it work like this:

Attachments
blah
blah
blah blah
What's This?

So it'd almost just be a very simple hack where I would go into the code find the area where it's still inside the module box but before it goes to the outside of the box... and just add a standard link to that page.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I honestly think the best way to accomplish what youre after is by adding 2 fields to your attachments table (description and url) and then adding the relevant hook code to accept both when uploading an attachment.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I honestly think the best way to accomplish what youre after is by adding 2 fields to your attachments table (description and url) and then adding the relevant hook code to accept both when uploading an attachment.
I don't think I know how to do that so I guess I'm not going to bother lol ...