The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-14-2007, 01:21 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Problem with extended inline style info

Although I changed the path of the .tcat-images (under extended inline style info)to an absolute one, these images are never included in my newsletter. And yes, I disabled 'Prefix paths'. How can I solve this?

Thanks!

Last edited by pixie; 06-14-2007 at 01:28 PM..
Old 06-15-2007, 05:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Are they broken links or are you using an email reader that wont use css images? (ie hotmail and gmail)
Old 06-16-2007, 04:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

No, the links are all OK and I'm not using any reader. I simply open the .html-file from my FTP dumpfolder, after I sent the newletter in testmode and it does not load the .tcat, .thead, etc.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

can you forward one on to vbgeek at thevbgeek dot com?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:08 PM

OK, I have now setup a newsletter-style, which I like and which does not include any images.

The version sent via Mail is absolutely OK and I want to keep it like that. Anyway, the problem I'm currently facing is that the online version still shows the .tcat, .thead images, which does not fit the new style at all.

How can I disable these images for the online version envoked by the script? (www.mydomain.com/gazette.php)

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:37 PM

Im not sure I understand... They should look the same? Can you provide me with a link?
Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 PM

Well, I'd like both versions to look exactly the same. The newsletter, which was actually sent via E-Mail and the online version in the archive.

Right now, the latter shows all images including .tcat, .thead, while the first one does not. Therefore both styles differ.

Please take a look here: www.pixelplausch.de/pixelpost

This version (right) shows all images but the text of category headers is not readable, because I had to set it to a different color in the E-Mail version (left) where no images are displayed.

Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited by pixie; 06-19-2007 at 01:03 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 PM

Ill need to see an email version of it to compare. Technically, they should be exactly the same.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM

Well, I sent you the e-mail version on sunday. Forwarding in Thunberbird does not seem to work. The message is always converted to plain text before sending.

Maybe I Missed a setting somewhere?! Will try again.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:25 PM

Have you refreshed the layout since you tweaked the inline style?