The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-24-2006, 05:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default postbit_display_complete hook problem

There appears to be some problem as described on here
Old 10-24-2006, 06:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Surely there must be some conditionals that triggers the display of summary of articles on top of other pages? Then I can do <if condition is not display summary on top of page> then do post thank you
Old 10-24-2006, 11:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You can do a conditional to see if the postid is the thread firstpost id... Im doing this off the top of my head so dont bugger me if its not right...
<if condition="$thread[firstpostid]==$post['postid']">
Your in the first post
</if>

HTHs
Old 10-25-2006, 07:21 AM

I tried putting this in Gars_pb that does not work
Old 10-25-2006, 07:26 AM

thread firstpostid is null in GARS. I see postcount starts with first comment
Old 10-25-2006, 08:06 AM

maybe there is a conditional I could put in gars_comment to detect the first comment on a page? In that case that would be #11, #21, #31 etc always incrementing by 10. Cause GARS treat the summary of first thread as a comment (at least in the count)
Old 10-25-2006, 09:46 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yes, in the count it treats it separately.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:57 PM

OK, let me ask another question. Can that be disabled the display of article summary on top of every new page?