The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-22-2006, 03:58 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Okay, I'm slow. I found it in the modules. As described there were no entries or "0" in the number to display in the module. It is working now.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Hello,

I have found that when adding a new module, you need to set the order number twice. The first is when you register the module and the second time is after it displays the module in the listing for that set. It doesn't seem to "remember" what you entered when you first registered the new module.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

huh, I havent noticed that. Ill check it out.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:34 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Can someone help me also with this. i just installed GARS Gold, and have teh same problem. i setup 3 forums to use for Articles, tutorials and reviews.

when there was no posting in the forum i was able to post an article/review/tutorail but then I cannot view it now once i had saved it.

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT * FROM gars WHERE threadid=;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Error Number : 1064

etc etc

I cannot understand what module to eidt please will someone be more specific as to WHAT i have goto edit.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:41 PM

It sounds like you MAY have another hack that is interfering with GARS. Canyou check by disabling all other hacks and just testing ?

Thanks
Old 02-05-2006, 06:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

ok have found that i cannot use vbAdvanced portal with navbar on left of forums with GARS has anyone a work around for this, i have even tried using no modules for gars on sides etc, but no joy

Last edited by toxic; 02-05-2006 at 07:19 PM..
Old 02-05-2006, 07:41 PM

all my forum php pages have at the start:

<?php
define('VBA_PORTAL', true);
define('VBA_PAGE', 'include');

which obviously GARs does not like. any work around for this? i have noticed workarounds for other vbgeek products and VBA CMPS, surely there should be one for this hack?

Last edited by toxic; 02-05-2006 at 08:38 PM..
Old 02-06-2006, 05:52 AM

Are you sure? I couldnt imaging the column thing for vba causing a problem. I was thinking it was more like something that uses the hook system.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:33 PM

as soon as I removed the code from forumdisplay.php it worked.

when i added

define('VBA_PAGE', 'include'); to forumdisplay

i get:

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.3:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT * FROM gars WHERE threadid=;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Error Number : 1064
Date : Monday, February 6th 2006 @ 10:38:13 AM
Script : ***********************
Referrer : ********************
IP Address : *****************
Username : Toxic
Classname : vb_database

funny thing is is i use the

define('VBA_PAGE', 'include');

code and have no articles i cna actually post a new thread/post. but if there is a post already in an article i cannot view it

Last edited by toxic; 02-06-2006 at 06:48 PM..
Old 02-06-2006, 07:47 PM

hmmm. My only guess is that vba must overwrite a variable I need.