The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4vn View Post
I want to buy it but my payment is not successfull I don`t know why ?
That is something you would need to email PayPal about, as I do not know the reason why PayPal doesn't like your payment.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-12-2008, 10:25 AM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Hi Morgan,

Just a bit of a timeline question. We are currently using Gal on our forum for quite a while (nearly a year I believe). At this point we are preparing to launch a huge update to the website and are playing between the idea of using VB 3.6 series, or going with an RC1 of VB 3.7. How long after 3.7 goes RC do you believe this to work with 3.7? Just seems the timing is right to be preparing for the next gene pool of VB.

Regards,

.Joel
Old 03-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

IIRC haven't heard of any non-working issues with vB 3.7 so should work now.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-15-2008, 01:05 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Hi Morgan,

Thank you for the reply. I have installed and found most of our custom modifications (in short made by us or designed explicitly for our purposes) have all worked a treat.... so far. Infact I was hedging my bets on needing to mod a few things, but so far all is good.

I'll try GAL tonight / tomorrow and report back with my findings, hopefully this successful trend continues.

On a side note, well done on maintaining this project. Hopefully you are getting back what you first envisioned when you took over the support and development role here. I for one am most appreciative of you doing this. Yes it is a one man show, and you will have people bitch, cry and moan at any given opportunity. Just ignore it, let it slide. We all knew what we were getting into here, there's nothing to hide, it's an open forum. Keep your head up and know that you are doing an excellent job.

Regards,

.Joel