The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-04-2007, 07:38 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Exclamation Modules not displaying - I'm frustrated.

Arggh...this is killing me. I've spent the last couple of hours trying to get modules to show up. The default thread block will not show up on the left, right or bottom. I've tried refreshing the layout and data but, still when I go to preview it in HTML, the modules do not show up. I've even went to the, "Tools" to "Rebuild all layouts" and "Rebuild inline style information" but still no modules showing up.

I hope I don't have to wait for another bug release as I've been waiting forever for the update on Auto Linker. Sorry I sound bitchy, but I've spent a lot on all 4 products (GAL,GAB,GAZ,GARS) from this site, including renewals and the option to be brand free. I love the products, but I just wish they would work.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

This is the first anyone has ever reported modules not moving about.

You want to check:
1- is this a new module set that hasnt been assigned to an existing issue?
2- Do you have forums selected to pull data?
3- is there valid data for the modules to pull?
4- Do they 'move' in the module set?
5- Have you done anything to your styles?

I work pretty freaking hard on all of my products and I am pretty proud of them and my support. If you feel that frustrated, I am sure you can sell off your licenses and find alternatives.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:28 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

This is the first anyone has ever reported modules not moving about.

You want to check:
1- is this a new module set that hasnt been assigned to an existing issue?

No

2- Do you have forums selected to pull data?

Yes, but the thread block module doesn't pull from forums that are using GARS. (I just found this out) but does work on certain forums. e.g like my announcement thread. Also, the thread limit does not work. I set the amount to pull 5 threads and it's only pulling 1.

3- is there valid data for the modules to pull?

Yes

4- Do they 'move' in the module set?

Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. See above.

5- Have you done anything to your styles?

No

I work pretty freaking hard on all of my products and I am pretty proud of them and my support. If you feel that frustrated, I am sure you can sell off your licenses and find alternatives.

I'm sure you do and I know your support is top notch. I find it very excellent. I'm just frustrated of getting it to work right. I'm not attacking your products or support.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:01 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

There is no reason that GARS forums arent pulled from. PM me admincp details and ill check it out
Old 07-06-2007, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
There is no reason that GARS forums arent pulled from. PM me admincp details and ill check it out
thank you so much Sam, again..the support is top notch.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:55 PM

Im not sure what the probolem is, I moved one of your threadblocks to the right, changed it to a simple thread list with no preview, then changed your articles threadblock to ignore the time frame (no articles appeared in the time frame so I ignored it).

It all seems to work as intended. Let me know if I am missing something (BTW, you may want to move your modules back around).
Old 07-09-2007, 11:13 PM

thanks you Sam, really appreciate the help and support. All is well and working. Again, thanks!