The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-21-2006, 10:26 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

After I installed this version vB's treadrate function does not work anymore. Is there a setting I need to fix somewhere?

Edit: never mind. I found the problem. Nothing to do with gars.

Last edited by Alfa1; 12-29-2006 at 04:01 AM..
Old 12-21-2006, 10:33 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

There is an option to enable it via the types settings. Its most likely off right now.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please note:

I found a small bug that affects certain configurations and have uploaded a new geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php and gars_functions_images.php into the 2.1.3 package to fix this. If you have upgraded to 2.1.3 BEFORE this post, download the package again and replace your existing geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php and geek/gars/includes/gars_functions_image.php with those in the new pacakge. You will not need to reimport the product xml or your add ons.

If you have not yet upgraded to 2.1.3, then follow upgrade instructions as normal (directions found in first post on this thread and on the download page).

Thanks
Old 12-22-2006, 01:22 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I've just updated to 2.1.3 and tried out the filter by custom field option... The problem is when I go and make a select box custom field and then click on Types... then onto my selected type, I get the following error

Quote:
Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /admincp/gars_admin.php on line 1645

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fetch_uniqueid_counter() in /home/*****/public_html/forum/admincp/gars_admin.php on line 231
Any idea why this would be happening Geek?

Thanks,

Clancy
Old 12-22-2006, 04:59 PM

Your cache may be corrupt from an earlier version. Delete all php files from geek/gars/cache (and its subfolders) then go into your settings and click save.

HTHs
Old 12-22-2006, 08:38 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

rating still not working.
Old 12-23-2006, 07:24 AM

Resyncing doesnt work for you? Can you please open a ticket or post a new thread?
Old 12-23-2006, 08:41 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

ah, I see I need to upgrade.. I didn't notice a release, Thanks for the good work geek
Old 12-23-2006, 02:49 PM

do i have to Resync all the time? once an everyday? i dont want to Resync everyday. why i cant use it on the fly? is this a bug or this module works like this?
Old 12-23-2006, 04:19 PM

Its a bug. If you have it set to combine authors ratings with members ratings, the authors ratings wont display in the member module until either someone else rates or you re-sync the ratings. After that, bobs your uncle.