The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-07-2007, 04:39 PM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Flash and Images?

Hi there,

I have a number of advertisers and I have JPG files and 2 flash files....is there anyway that I can get them both to randomly display? I've been having a play around and can only seem to get one or the other, or one above the other.

Thanks!!
Old 01-08-2007, 08:04 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you edit your billboard, you can add another ad block to pull flash banners. THen set the billboard to randomly pull an ad instead of showing them all.

HTHs!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:43 PM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

awesome cheers

now one more problem lol now I have done this the flash banners show at a much higher rate than all the other banners (they haven't been up for half as long as the others but already have double the impressions lol )

I'm guessing the randomisation selects weather to go for images or flash and then picks one of them. ( i have 2 flash banners and 10 images ) meaning 50/50 chance of image or flash and a much higher impression rate for the 2 flash banners.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thats correct, its a limitation to having a 'mix bag' of ad types in the same billboard. The System has to randomly select which type of banner to show, then the frequency comes into it - which will not always give you the desired results.

On one of my sites, the way I got around this was to make all the ads HTML banners (essentially taking the Flash and images HTML and putting it in the HTML block). Then there is only 1 type to pull from and the frequency works perfectly.

HTHs