The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-27-2007, 05:12 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Latest Threads Module?

Has anyone done a latest threads module... or anything that will list threads based on some criteria in a module?
Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Do you mean like the top module?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:32 AM

I was really looking for latest, but I'll look at the top module and see if it is base for what I want to do. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The top module will do the latest threads
Old 05-28-2007, 12:51 AM

Thanks for the quick reply... I guess I had tried it in the past and for some reason didn't get what I was looking for... must have been user error. I'm still trying to figure out if I ant to use vBa for my main product page, or GARS... there are tradeoffs both ways. If I can get it to work with GARS, it will definitely be better in a lot of ways. One big one is I can have a vBa page to select my devices (or a forumview/GARS page also). Here is a test page in vBa that is what I'm trying to build...
http://pdaphonehome.com/?page=i760

The first two blocks are both using modified versions of the cmps-gars block from the Add-On list here. Trying to modify the Top module to actually render some content from the other threads I am guessing would be kind of difficult. Ironically I wanted to add a block to the sample page there that would list only the titles in a tight configuration, which is what TopX does. Have you ever seen anyone modify TopX to show much more information?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:54 AM

Just for comparison, also using a hacked up version of the cmps-gars add-on, this is a selection page in vBa. http://pdaphonehome.com/index.php?page=learn2

It might be easiest to just replace the url in this selection with a custom GARS field that contains the url of the vBa page for that device. I'm actually using the GARS article just as a user review page in that scenario... so I have a bunch of custom fields for the GARS type, but I never show them except in the vBa page.