The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-22-2006, 11:08 PM

Default [Pre-sale Question] Possible to display only article title and article image on index

Hi, I really like this system. I've been trying to find a news database to display all the news for my site. Problem was I had to find some integration mod or bridge which some programs don't offer. I'd like the buy the pro version and be able to use it on several forum sections. The way it is already is great for the news forum sections, but I also want to use it to make up a database for fanfictions (stories). Since stories can range from one chapter to several chapters, the multi content article function really works well. However, the problem is this system will show the newest articles and show it in full form, It'll make a super long index. So what I want to ask is does this system have a configuration where I can select what the show? like only to show the title and the article image and the view/comment count. If there isn't how would I go to do this?

Another question. The first page indexs x number of new articles. Does it also index the recently updated or added to articles?
Old 11-23-2006, 05:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You can specify the default sort order, however be aware that for really large aticles, GARS may not be your best choice for performance reasons (each article is essentially a post).

And yes, new articles appear in the new threads window

HTHs
Old 11-23-2006, 07:27 PM

So is it able to just display the article name for all the listings? Also what do you mean by GARS may not be best for large articles and what it means by each article is a post? Do you mean that the an article can only have limited content? Like for example I want to write an article for a new movie or drama. I want to seperate content so say Page 1 of the article shows a small summary. Page 2 shows casting. Page 3 shows review. Page 4 shows episode guide. Page 5 shows etc. Would that effect it's performances?
Old 11-24-2006, 01:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Not sure what you mean by article name for listings. With GARS, you can set a default sort for a few fields on top of the vB default sorts (title, post date, last reply date, etc...).

You can break up the content via page breaks, however at the end of the day, an article is a post (just like this). You can make really freaking long posts no problem, however keep in mind that if I wrote a 1,000,000 word post, that is a lot of processing even if it is broken up by 1,000 page breaks.

HTHs!