The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-19-2007, 08:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I agree with henrikhansen.
Take your time and let us se what's up a few months from now.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I too agree with henrikhansen.

I would hate to see your scripts suffer due to lack of support. I honestly think the community here can help each other until such time you can make a commitment to return.

My prayers and support go to you and your.
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-19-2007, 10:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

We, at nexialys.net, are ready to overtake Samuel's work, for the time he is not available... and if he is not to be back on business, we'd be ok to support it for lifetime.

Sam is informed of our suggestion, maybe this would help his business choices here... because choosing to disable the entire business is the wrong way to go... we can handle his business, and provide support, releases, updates and upgrades in the next months or years... and Samuel would be welcome to join back in due time...

vB.org or any other free-for-all websites would be a crash for the productline...
Old 08-19-2007, 11:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

First off, sorry that your crisis has not been taken care of, good luck to you and your family.

Secondly, nexia has a good idea there but I hate to act as tho I have an ego, but I am the reason for GM coming back up and do not wish to lose my status as developer for it nor supporter, hence I have asked Sam to allow me to fully support and develop GM as well as GLIC seeing as how GLIC is no where near ready, I have been coding on it during my off times from work to get a more beta ready version.

This thread I think should not be to gloat or bring up ideas but if you have an idea then I say post it here, that way Sam doesn't have a million PM's/Email's to go through and he can just read one thread.

Sam, if you go with Nexia's idea, I wish to state that I refuse to back off the project and that I will ask both of you to make sure I'm included on the package so that I may continue my work even though haven't been able to get a new release out since the last bug fixes but all in all, Sam, get your crisis taken care of, take care of this site and lets see what solution for both can come about.

Cheers mate
Steve

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 08-19-2007, 11:29 PM

... actually Mythotical, i would take you in the team if things go well.. lol

i'm not here to takeover in the wrong way, but to support the situation... i would have to hire 2 or 3 guys up there to make the support for the whole suite of scripts, so this is not to happen in a shot and it is not to be done only by me... i'm the lead of my project, i'm the only one with a voice, but we (were 3 since last week-end's loss) are working for much more projects... Geek's stuff would be enhancements but also more trouble... we do not make a suggestion just for the pleasure of it.

Last edited by nexia; 08-19-2007 at 11:32 PM..
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I know what you meant, I just want to make sure my efforts will continue no matter what happens to the scripts.

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 08-20-2007, 01:20 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I honestly feel your scripts are worth selling at the current price without any official support. They are very powerful and well written for there cost imo.

Give it a couple weeks before you decide. Whatever you do don't give them away.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please don't do this. Take time to deal with your family issues and then evaluate whether or not you can continue to develop these scripts. This sounds like a very rash decision for all of the work you have invested in these modules.

I cannot imagine these hacks going any further without you at the helm. I hope you take as much time as you need for your personal issues and then examine this decision when other items are less pressing.

I think most of the people here who have watched these scripts evolve would agree with me.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-20-2007, 04:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I very much hope that you can resolve things.

I was an original beta tester for GARS, so I have been here a while (not too many posts though). I think you should lower prices for the products for now, because updates and support will not be official, and then you can raise them and the like when you return.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Best of luck to you and I hope everything can be resolved. Your scripts are awesome and the support you provided was exceptional.