The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-06-2006, 11:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Pre-sale question regarding "Forum" headings

I've noticed on demos and examples that articles still have "search thread" "thread tools" "next thread" etc. on the templates.

How easy is it for this to be changed to read "article" instead of "thread" or "forums"? After all they aren't meant to be forums or threads? (but without affecting the rest of the site)

Thank you
Old 01-06-2006, 11:08 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

it does

http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=12

Do you mind me asking where you saw that it wasnt? I may have missed updating something somewhere
Old 01-06-2006, 11:33 PM

[quote=The Geek]it does

http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=12

Last edited by moonclamp; 09-20-2008 at 07:56 PM..
Old 01-06-2006, 11:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

WTF?

I have just looked, and re-looked about 50 times in all styles and this is what I have:
wtf.jpg

Are you messing with my mind?!?

Can you try a hard refresh (ctrl+F5). It always a nice last ditch attempt to stall while I try and figure WTF is happened.

Seriously... are you messing with me? Does anyone else see what he sees??
Old 01-06-2006, 11:50 PM

Done as you asked, tried all your different styles ... still says forums rather than categories.

Plus the dropdown says 'new thread' and on the article pages it gives you the chance to "search this thread" etc.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:52 PM

I totally thought you were just having me on. However I just logged out and went back in only to find that youre spot on.

Let me see what I can come up with here.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:52 PM

Old 01-06-2006, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I totally thought you were just having me on. However I just logged out and went back in only to find that youre spot on.

Let me see what I can come up with here.
Thank you ... I'm a stickler for pedantry
Old 01-07-2006, 12:00 AM

Well, I owe you a big thanks. I wonder how long that little bug was hiding around for? All in broad daylight for people to see, yet no one ever saw it or made mention of it!

How fraking funny. Essentially it wasnt working if you didnt have a specific language id set (which you wouldn have here). Which tells me that I dont think ANYONE say what I was seeing for at least a month now!

PMSL. Anyway. As you can see (lord I hope). Its all sorted now

THanks
Old 01-07-2006, 01:18 AM

Unfortunately I'm still seeing the same stuff (even after emptying my cache and trying other templates)

... could it be a usergroup thing?

---

----

Last edited by moonclamp; 09-20-2008 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: stalkers backtracking my hotlinks